Error in gst-convert due squeak/pharo code using classSide

Error in gst-convert due squeak/pharo code using classSide

Holger Freyther
Hi all,

the below code fails to be imported and I traced this down to the classSide
definition that is not present in GST. So should I add a
ClassDescription>>classSide [ ^ self class asMetaclass ] or try to replace the
classSide with class? Anyone knows what classSide is supposed to do?

SystemOrganization addCategory: #'PetitParser-Core'!

Object subclass: #PPFailure
        instanceVariableNames: 'message position'
        classVariableNames: ''
        poolDictionaries: ''
        category: 'PetitParser-Core'!

!PPFailure classSide methodsFor: 'instance creation' stamp: 'lr 5/5/2010 13:56'!
message: aString at: anInteger
        ^ self basicNew initializeMessage: aString at: anInteger! !

Re: Error in gst-convert due squeak/pharo code using classSide

Paolo Bonzini-2
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 15:39, Holger Hans Peter Freyther
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the below code fails to be imported and I traced this down to the classSide
> definition that is not present in GST. So should I add a
> ClassDescription>>classSide [ ^ self class asMetaclass ] or try to replace the
> classSide with class? Anyone knows what classSide is supposed to do?

Can you see where it comes from in Squeak? I've never seen it.  Anyway
the attached patch will fix it.

Alternatively, you could use a rewrite rule as in
http://smalltalk.gnu.org/faq/169.

Paolo

classSide.patch (870 bytes) Download Attachment

On 08/12/2010 05:19 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Can you see where it comes from in Squeak? I've never seen it.  Anyway
> the attached patch will fix it.

it is defined in ClassDescription and returns self theMetaclass.. I would have
to see when it was introduced...

Could we also move your patch into the SqueakFileInParser as an additonal rule?