Error installing Dolphin 4.01

Carsten Haerle
I tried to install Dolphin 4.01 and at the end when the installer
is registering the moduls I get the error:

"Error 1904: c:\.....\dolphinvm004.dll failed to register
hresult -2147024891.
Contact your service personal"

What does this mean?
Does one need adminsitrator rights to install Dolphin?
When I want to have Dolphin accessable to all users on the
machine, should I install Dolphin under Administrator?

Regards

Carsten

Re: Error installing Dolphin 4.01

Bill Schwab-2
Carsten,

> I tried to install Dolphin 4.01 and at the end when the installer
> is registering the moduls I get the error:
>
> "Error 1904: c:\.....\dolphinvm004.dll failed to register
> hresult -2147024891.
> Contact your service personal"
>
> What does this mean?
> Does one need adminsitrator rights to install Dolphin?
> When I want to have Dolphin accessable to all users on the
> machine, should I install Dolphin under Administrator?

Is this Win2k?  I'll have to yield to others to give you an authoritative
answer, but, I believe the idea was that one had to install Dolphin
individually for each user.

Good luck - and *please* backup your image/changes/sources before following
my advice :)

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Error installing Dolphin 4.01

Andy Bower
Carsten,

> I tried to install Dolphin 4.01 and at the end when the installer
> is registering the moduls I get the error:
>
> "Error 1904: c:\.....\dolphinvm004.dll failed to register
> hresult -2147024891.
> Contact your service personal"
>
> What does this mean?
> Does one need adminsitrator rights to install Dolphin?
> When I want to have Dolphin accessable to all users on the
> machine, should I install Dolphin under Administrator?

Yes you do need "above average" rights (admin will certainly do) to install
Dolphin under NT and Win2K. Please see:

http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/installation.htm

Best Regards,

Andy Bower