Error installing Gemstone 3.0 - $GEMSTONE/seaside/data/system.conf does not exist

Error installing Gemstone 3.0 - $GEMSTONE/seaside/data/system.conf does not exist

Paul DeBruicker
Hi

I'm trying to install Gemstone 3.0 and run Seaside.  I'm on Ubuntu 64
bit.  I am attempting to install it by downloading 3.0 from the ftp site
and then running the beta install script from seaside.gemstone.com.
I've modified the beta install script to work with 3.0 rather than
3.0Beta4 by changing the version number in the script.  The installation
script appears to work just fine.

After 'startnet' succeessfully completes I get this error when running
'startGemstone'

startstone[Error]: System configuration file
'/opt/gemstone/GemStone64Bit3.0.0-x86_64.Linux/seaside/data/system.conf'
does not exist.

Is there a procedure for installing and running Gemstone 3.0 that
someone could point me to or a way to address this error?

Thanks
Paul

Re: Error installing Gemstone 3.0 - $GEMSTONE/seaside/data/system.conf does not exist

Mark Ross-5
Hi Paul,
after installing GemStone with script, GemStone/S was installed and configured.

By running 'startGemstone' you start GemStone with seaside (GLASS).

But first you have to copy a few files and setup rights

You can try this:

1. Copy the seaside system.conf
        cp /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/system.conf /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/data/

2. set correct rights
        chmod 600  /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/data/system.conf

3. copy the 'golden GemStone/S copy' (initial respository)
        cp /opt/gemstone/product/bin/extent0.seaside.dbf /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/data/extent0.dbf

4. set correct rights
        chmod 600 /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/data/extent0.dbf

Now, your installation should run ...

best regards

Mark