Error installing version 1.4

Steve Graham
I downloaded Phar 1.4 one-click onto my Linux Mint system.  When I ran
the .sh file, I got the following error:

could not find module vm-display-X11
Aborted

I found  that file in the path though:

steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $ find . | grep vm-display
./Contents/Linux/vm-display-null
./Contents/Linux/vm-display-X11
steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $

Any ideas?

TIA, Steve

Re: Error installing version 1.4

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks for reporting it.
Today in a lecture the students got problem on Ubuntu they got another message "there are three ways to use a squeak-image…."

Stef

On Feb 5, 2013, at 9:58 PM, Steve Graham wrote:

> I downloaded Phar 1.4 one-click onto my Linux Mint system.  When I ran
> the .sh file, I got the following error:
>
> could not find module vm-display-X11
> Aborted
>
> I found  that file in the path though:
>
> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $ find . | grep vm-display
> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-null
> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-X11
> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $
>
> Any ideas?
>

> TIA, Steve

Re: Error installing version 1.4

EstebanLM
yes, that's why I spent one full day making those messages configurable.

as soon as we can run the build process again, our pharo vms will have pharo messages :)

Esteban

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks for reporting it.
Today in a lecture the students got problem on Ubuntu they got another message "there are three ways to use a squeak-image…."

Stef

On Feb 5, 2013, at 9:58 PM, Steve Graham wrote:

> I downloaded Phar 1.4 one-click onto my Linux Mint system.  When I ran
> the .sh file, I got the following error:
>
> could not find module vm-display-X11
> Aborted
>
> I found  that file in the path though:
>
> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $ find . | grep vm-display
> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-null
> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-X11
> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $
>
> Any ideas?
>

> TIA, Steve

Re: Error installing version 1.4

Stéphane Ducasse
nice :)

On Feb 5, 2013, at 10:04 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> yes, that's why I spent one full day making those messages configurable.
>
> as soon as we can run the build process again, our pharo vms will have pharo messages :)
>
> Esteban
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> thanks for reporting it.
> Today in a lecture the students got problem on Ubuntu they got another message "there are three ways to use a squeak-image…."
>
> Stef
>
> On Feb 5, 2013, at 9:58 PM, Steve Graham wrote:
>
> > I downloaded Phar 1.4 one-click onto my Linux Mint system.  When I ran
> > the .sh file, I got the following error:
> >
> > could not find module vm-display-X11
> > Aborted
> >
> > I found  that file in the path though:
> >
> > steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $ find . | grep vm-display
> > ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-null
> > ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-X11
> > steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> > TIA, Steve

Re: Error installing version 1.4

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 05 Feb 2013, at 22:19, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> nice :)

+100

> On Feb 5, 2013, at 10:04 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> yes, that's why I spent one full day making those messages configurable.
>>
>> as soon as we can run the build process again, our pharo vms will have pharo messages :)
>>
>> Esteban
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> thanks for reporting it.
>> Today in a lecture the students got problem on Ubuntu they got another message "there are three ways to use a squeak-image…."
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Feb 5, 2013, at 9:58 PM, Steve Graham wrote:
>>
>>> I downloaded Phar 1.4 one-click onto my Linux Mint system.  When I ran
>>> the .sh file, I got the following error:
>>>
>>> could not find module vm-display-X11
>>> Aborted
>>>
>>> I found  that file in the path though:
>>>
>>> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $ find . | grep vm-display
>>> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-null
>>> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-X11
>>> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>>> TIA, Steve

Re: Error installing version 1.4

Paul DeBruicker
On 02/05/2013 12:58 PM, Steve Graham wrote:

> I downloaded Phar 1.4 one-click onto my Linux Mint system.  When I ran
> the .sh file, I got the following error:
>
> could not find module vm-display-X11
> Aborted
>
> I found  that file in the path though:
>
> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $ find . |
> grep vm-display
> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-null
> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-X11
> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $
>
> Any ideas?
>

> TIA, Steve

Is it 64bit linux?  If so you need to install some 32bit libs for the VM
to work properly as its only 32bits right now in the one click.  On
ubuntu you need to install

ia32-libs

which is provided by Canonical.

Re: Error installing version 1.4

Steve Graham
Worked like a charm, Paul.  Thanks, Steve.

On 02/05/2013 12:58 PM, Steve Graham wrote:

> I downloaded Phar 1.4 one-click onto my Linux Mint system.  When I ran
> the .sh file, I got the following error:
>
> could not find module vm-display-X11
> Aborted
>
> I found  that file in the path though:
>
> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $ find . |
> grep vm-display
> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-null
> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-X11
> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $
>
> Any ideas?
>

> TIA, Steve

Is it 64bit linux?  If so you need to install some 32bit libs for the VM
to work properly as its only 32bits right now in the one click.  On
ubuntu you need to install

ia32-libs

which is provided by Canonical.

Re: Error installing version 1.4

Gastón Dall' Oglio
Hi.

Almost always I use a vps with Centos or Scientific Linux to deploy Seaside webapps, and often I get problems with ssl plugin and I never remember what happens and how fix it, and waste time in this! So better feedback on problems is always welcome :) May be make (the community) a little "how to" and show it in some place in pharo site?

Well, I documented the steps that I do (in very raw form, comment the commands would good), from discovering the problem to solve. In this case, the libs are ended with a additional "e", I don't know for that, but I know how solve this and I can go on :)

Regards.

2013/2/5 Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>

On 05 Feb 2013, at 22:19, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> nice :)

+100

> On Feb 5, 2013, at 10:04 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> yes, that's why I spent one full day making those messages configurable.
>>
>> as soon as we can run the build process again, our pharo vms will have pharo messages :)
>>
>> Esteban
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> thanks for reporting it.
>> Today in a lecture the students got problem on Ubuntu they got another message "there are three ways to use a squeak-image…."
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Feb 5, 2013, at 9:58 PM, Steve Graham wrote:
>>
>>> I downloaded Phar 1.4 one-click onto my Linux Mint system.  When I ran
>>> the .sh file, I got the following error:
>>>
>>> could not find module vm-display-X11
>>> Aborted
>>>
>>> I found  that file in the path though:
>>>
>>> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $ find . | grep vm-display
>>> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-null
>>> ./Contents/Linux/vm-display-X11
>>> steve@steve-Satellite-L555D ~/Desktop/Pharo-1.4-one-click.app $
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>>> TIA, Steve

ssl-plugin--missing-libs.txt (7K) Download Attachment