Error: invalid http status line

Torsten Bergmann
Hi Rob,

>It originally happened in an image I had built from 4.1 by loading all Trunk
>versions up to current.  I just took a Squeak4.2-10382 image, loaded Seaside
>by running:

Is this reproducable in Pharo too? Seaside uses Pharo as development
platform, so I would try there first. So you could find out if it
is a real Seaside bug or a Squeak/Pharo compatibility issue.

Although there is a prebuilt Seaside image available in the
download section of squeak.org (based on Squeak 4.1.) I dont
know if there is some official Squeak maintainer for a Squeak
Seaside port...

The best would be to try the prebuilt Seaside image provided at
www.seaside.st

Bye
T.

Re: Error: invalid http status line

Rob Withers-2
Ok, I downloaded the one-click Seaside 3.0 image and ran it.  I stopped the
Comanche adapter and added an adapter for WAListenerAdapter on 8080.  I am
unable to start it.

Rob

>>It originally happened in an image I had built from 4.1 by loading all
>>Trunk
>>versions up to current.  I just took a Squeak4.2-10382 image, loaded
>>Seaside
>>by running:
>
> Is this reproducable in Pharo too? Seaside uses Pharo as development
> platform, so I would try there first. So you could find out if it
> is a real Seaside bug or a Squeak/Pharo compatibility issue.
>
> Although there is a prebuilt Seaside image available in the
> download section of squeak.org (based on Squeak 4.1.) I dont
> know if there is some official Squeak maintainer for a Squeak
> Seaside port...
>
> The best would be to try the prebuilt Seaside image provided at
> www.seaside.st
>
> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

Re: Error: invalid http status line

Bob Arning
One thing I've found helpful when stopping one adaptor and starting a new one is:

- stop the old one
- WAServerManager default initialize
- then start the new one

Cheers,
Bob

On 9/23/10 12:42 PM, Rob Withers wrote:
Ok, I downloaded the one-click Seaside 3.0 image and ran it.  I stopped the Comanche adapter and added an adapter for WAListenerAdapter on 8080.  I am unable to start it.

Rob

Re: Error: invalid http status line

Andreas.Raab
Try removing the original adapter. A while ago I had a similar problem
which I tracked to some odd logic that would disallow starting any
adapters if there was more than one present (not running!) for a single
port. I.e., if I remember correctly, launching Seaside, stopping the
initial adapter, and adding another adapter at 8080 would cause neither
of them to start. Took me some time to figure out that I hadn't broken
Seaside with my adapter but rather that it was the server manager which
implemented this (rather odd) policy.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

On 9/23/2010 9:42 AM, Rob Withers wrote:

> Ok, I downloaded the one-click Seaside 3.0 image and ran it.  I stopped
> the Comanche adapter and added an adapter for WAListenerAdapter on 8080.
> I am unable to start it.
>
> Rob

This way worked for me.

I got the WAListenerAdapter running on port 8080.

I loaded my iAddress app from the Squeak book.  I could reach the app in the
browser.

This problem still occurs in Seaside 3.0 (Pharo?).

Thanks,
Rob