Error loading SciSmalltalk

Lorenzo
Hi,

I received the following error loading the package:

validProbability: aProbability
"reject probabilities outside of [0,1]"
    self assert: [(aProbability < 0) not and: (aProbability > 1) <- argument of and: must be a block or variable ->not].

Can inform me when fixed?

Tank you

Lorenzi

Re: Error loading SciSmalltalk

SergeStinckwich
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:58 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Lorenzi,

> I received the following error loading the package:
>
> validProbability: aProbability
> "reject probabilities outside of [0,1]"
>     self assert: [(aProbability < 0) not and: (aProbability > 1) <- argument
> of and: must be a block or variable ->not].
>
> Can inform me when fixed?

Can you tell us which version of Pharo you have used and how you load
the SciSmalltalk code ?

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

R: Error loading SciSmalltalk

Lorenzo
Hi Serge,

the first error was while installing SciSmalltalk into Seaside 3.0 (maybe is not the right environment).
I tried to install it into Pharo 3.0 and I received the error: MCHTTPRepository expected (after several minutes).
I used the script you suggested:
Gofer new
    url: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/main';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSciSmalltalk';
    load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSciSmalltalk) project version: '0.16') load.

Ciao

Lorenzo

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:58 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Lorenzi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Lorenzo Schiavina <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Serge,

Dear Lorenzo,

> the first error was while installing SciSmalltalk into Seaside 3.0 (maybe is not the right environment).
> I tried to install it into Pharo 3.0 and I received the error: MCHTTPRepository expected (after several minutes).
> I used the script you suggested:
> Gofer new
>     url: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/main';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfSciSmalltalk';
>     load.
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSciSmalltalk) project version: '0.16') load.

I just try again in a fresh Pharo 3.0 image and the code loads without
any problems ...
Someone got the same problem as Lorenzo ?

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Help fight Ebola by joining the Computing for Ebola Challenge
http://bit.ly/1oEdBag

Re: Error loading SciSmalltalk

werner kassens-2

On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:56:33 PM UTC+1, Lorenzo Schiavina wrote:
Hi Serge,

the first error was while installing SciSmalltalk into Seaside 3.0 (maybe is not the right environment).

no idea whether scismalltalk and seaside are compatibel.

    url: '<a href="http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/main" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smalltalkhub.com%2Fmc%2FSergeStinckwich%2FSciSmalltalk%2Fmain\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEeQwFl3S2HneDlXo1pGSvsn5eAuA';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smalltalkhub.com%2Fmc%2FSergeStinckwich%2FSciSmalltalk%2Fmain\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEeQwFl3S2HneDlXo1pGSvsn5eAuA';return true;">http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/main';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSciSmalltalk';
    load.

maybe a typo in the url: part. id try first this command and see whether it loads the config.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSciSmalltalk) project version: '0.16') load.

and then this part. it should work (and does so for me).
werner

R: Error loading SciSmalltalk

Lorenzo

Hi people,

thank you for your help.

I was making a mistake.

Can you be interested to Seaside error (that happened again)?

I have not been able to find fuzzy stuff; can you tell me in which class it is?

I worked quite a lot with soft computing tools and I have used a package for genetic algorithms developed in Squeak by Diego Gomez; IMHO, could be very interesting for SciSmalltalk.

Ciao

Lorenzo

Re: Error loading SciSmalltalk

SergeStinckwich
Dear Lorenzo,

I'm not sure we have fuzzy stuff.
You are more than welcome if you want to contribute code in this domain.
Regards

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Lorenzo Schiavina <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi people,
>

> thank you for your help.
>
> I was making a mistake.
>
> Can you be interested to Seaside error (that happened again)?
>
> I have not been able to find fuzzy stuff; can you tell me in which class it
> is?
>
> I worked quite a lot with soft computing tools and I have used a package for
> genetic algorithms developed in Squeak by Diego Gomez; IMHO, could be very
> interesting for SciSmalltalk.
>

> Ciao
>

> Lorenzo

I have TONS of material on fuzzy, as I am working on it since 1980 and I had a presentation of my early work at 1997 ESUG (which you can find attached).
Unfortunately, my code is in VSE and I am not sure to be able to port it (decently) in Pharo.
A student of mine (Davide Arrigo) made a porting of a part of my material into Squeak.
Anyway, if there is somebody interested to help me to a porting to Pharo, I will be happy to contribute.

Ciao

Lorenzo

englishFuzzyObjects.ppt (115K) Download Attachment

Re: Error loading SciSmalltalk

SergeStinckwich
You have to care about the licence if you want to port something.
We are only accepting MIT licence code in SciSmalltalk.

Regards,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Lorenzo Schiavina <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Serge,
>
> I have TONS of material on fuzzy, as I am working on it since 1980 and I had a presentation of my early work at 1997 ESUG (which you can find attached).
> Unfortunately, my code is in VSE and I am not sure to be able to port it (decently) in Pharo.
> A student of mine (Davide Arrigo) made a porting of a part of my material into Squeak.
> Anyway, if there is somebody interested to help me to a porting to Pharo, I will be happy to contribute.
>
> Ciao
>
> Lorenzo

Thank you,

I know it and it is ok for me.

Lorenzo

You have to care about the licence if you want to port something.
We are only accepting MIT licence code in SciSmalltalk.

Regards,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Lorenzo Schiavina <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Serge,
>
> I have TONS of material on fuzzy, as I am working on it since 1980 and I had a presentation of my early work at 1997 ESUG (which you can find attached).
> Unfortunately, my code is in VSE and I am not sure to be able to port it (decently) in Pharo.
> A student of mine (Davide Arrigo) made a porting of a part of my material into Squeak.
> Anyway, if there is somebody interested to help me to a porting to Pharo, I will be happy to contribute.
>
> Ciao
>
> Lorenzo

Great ! Go ahead !

What is really important is to have tests also ;-)

Thank you.