Error opening chunk browser

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
Hi,

I've installed a fresh D6 PRO image, and then added the IDB Chunk
Browser goodie.

After that, I've opened the Chunk Browser shell and loaded the
Professional.chg (which is small, 500kb), while loading the chunk, a
MNU exception arose, and then another, and another, and so on, until
the Dolphin.exe landed obstreperously.

I transcribe the last entries in the Professional.errors files below.

Regards,

--- Professional.errors ---

09:51:21, Martes, 18 de Abril de 2006: Unhandled exception - a
MessageNotUnderstood('UndefinedObject does not understand #asSymbol')

Object>>doesNotUnderstand:
ChunkBrowserMethodDefineChunk(ChunkBrowserChunk)>>identity1AndIdentity2AsCompiledMethod
ChunkBrowserMethodDefineChunk>>isMatch
ChunkBrowserMethodDefineChunk(ChunkBrowserChunk)>>chunkIconIndex
Message>>forwardTo:
Message>>value:
ListViewColumn>>imageFromRow:
ListView>>onDisplayDetailsRequired:
ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>nmGetDispInfo:
ListView>>nmNotify:
ContainerView(View)>>wmNotify:wParam:lParam:
ContainerView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ListView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
ListView(ControlView)>>wmPaint:wParam:lParam:
ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:

09:51:22, Martes, 18 de Abril de 2006: Unhandled exception - a
[...]

Re: Error opening chunk browser

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
Esteban A. Maringolo escribió:
> Hi,
> After that, I've opened the Chunk Browser shell and loaded the
> Professional.chg (which is small, 500kb), while loading the chunk, a MNU
> exception arose, and then another, and another, and so on, until the
> Dolphin.exe landed obstreperously.

Update:
Opened the image again and then worked ok.

Regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: Error opening chunk browser

Ian Bartholomew-21
Esteban,

I've just updated the goodies file on the web site so could you try
downloading and installing that please.  Some time ago I made a lot of
changes, including one to a method mentioned in your walkback, but I can't
remember exactly what I did, or why.

The goodies version on the web site is now the same one that I am currently
using and I don't have any problem running the ChunkBrowser.

http://www.idb.me.uk

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me (limited validity).