Error using comet on first request

Charlie Meyer
I have an application using comet and a custom subclassed session to hold information about the currently logged in user. On the first comet interaction, an error is raised by the comet library because self session application returns nil. It works on subsequent requests though. I'm pretty new to seaside, so I am not exactly sure where to start trying to figure this one out. Any help would be fantastic. I've attached a screenshot of the stack trace if that proves to be helpful.

Thanks!

-Charlie

PharoScreenshot.1.png (54K) Download Attachment

Re: Error using comet on first request

Robert Sirois
Is initialize called on the super class?

Sent from my G2
RS

Charlie Meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I have an application using comet and a custom subclassed session to hold
>information about the currently logged in user. On the first comet
>interaction, an error is raised by the comet library because self session
>application returns nil. It works on subsequent requests though. I'm pretty
>new to seaside, so I am not exactly sure where to start trying to figure
>this one out. Any help would be fantastic. I've attached a screenshot of the
>stack trace if that proves to be helpful.
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Charlie

Re: Error using comet on first request

Charlie Meyer
The initialize message of my subclassed session only calls super initialize

-Charlie