Error while loading: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4

Nick
I'm loading a clean Gemstone instance and tried updating to GLASS.1.0-beta.8.4.
The transcript showed: "...finished 1.0-beta.8.4", but a walkback opened with the following error:

No method was found for the selector #typeOfClass when sent to ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader with arguments contained in anArray()

The error occurs when: ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader classDefinition is called within: MCPackage>>snapshot

Re: Error while loading: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4

Dale Henrichs
MMMM, sounds like an upgrade bug ... methods got moved between squeak
and monticello packages ... dang it ... I'll have to dig into a bit.

I think if you load the monticello package first then do the upgrade
you'll get past the problem ...

Dale

On 11/12/2010 01:49 PM, Nick Ager wrote:

> I'm loading a clean Gemstone instance and tried updating to
> GLASS.1.0-beta.8.4.
> The transcript showed: "...finished 1.0-beta.8.4", but a walkback
> opened with the following error:
>
>     No method was found for the selector #typeOfClass when sent to
>     ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader with arguments contained in anArray()
>

> The error occurs when: ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader classDefinition
> is called within: MCPackage>>snapshot

Re: Error while loading: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4

Dale Henrichs
Nick,

I had left a #development version open when I checked in 1.0-beta.8.4,
so the version drifted inadvertantly into code aimed at 1.0-beta.8.5
(which is where I am moving methods around) ... given the errors here,
I'll back those largely unnecessary moves out for 1.0-beta.8.5 ...

You should have a clean update now...

Thanks for catching this,