Etoys 5 - Blue cloud

Ricardo Moran
Hi, I edited the subject to discuss this in a new conversation.

IMHO, Kathleen's proposal of a blue cloud pointing to a project showing all the new features in Etoys 5.0 is a very good idea.

Cheers,
Richo

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Kathleen Harness <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I have been following the conversations about the new version of Etoys, but I do not have a good grasp of what will be included nor how some it can be used. Still, I want to help and the attachments are two possibilities.

Would a book be a good way to show all of the new features in one place? It would not add to the Quick Guides and would be highly visible. It could also have a section of bug fixes or improvements.

One good thing about using a book would be, when the next version is introduced, that the blue cloud could read Etoys 6 and lead to a book for those features while the Etoys 5's book now could become of of the projects in the Gallery.

I would be glad work with everyone to make a book like the attached draft if you would provide projects and explanations.

The screen print attachment shows a way to introduce new things from the opening world.

Balloon help that is consistent with the balloon help in this version is a good idea.
Kathleen

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Scott Wallace <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Feb 9, 212, at 9:10 AM, Steve Thomas wrote:

> Ed Team should think about Quick Guides on Variables, and perhaps balloon help when you mouse over the variable types.

Right -- and it would be very good if in the gallery or guides or *somewhere* we had examples illustrating use of every one of the types.

 -- Sott

--
Unless this email contains personal or other matters that need to be kept confidential, a
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/etoys-education-team?hl=en

--
Unless this email contains personal or other matters that need to be kept confidential, a
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/etoys-education-team?hl=en

Etoys 5.0.png (132K) Download Attachment
Etoys 5 Demos.001.pr (65K) Download Attachment

Re: Etoys 5 - Blue cloud

Steve Thomas
+1 for blue cloud

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Ricardo Moran <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I edited the subject to discuss this in a new conversation.

IMHO, Kathleen's proposal of a blue cloud pointing to a project showing all the new features in Etoys 5.0 is a very good idea.

Cheers,
Richo

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Kathleen Harness <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I have been following the conversations about the new version of Etoys, but I do not have a good grasp of what will be included nor how some it can be used. Still, I want to help and the attachments are two possibilities.

Would a book be a good way to show all of the new features in one place? It would not add to the Quick Guides and would be highly visible. It could also have a section of bug fixes or improvements.

One good thing about using a book would be, when the next version is introduced, that the blue cloud could read Etoys 6 and lead to a book for those features while the Etoys 5's book now could become of of the projects in the Gallery.

I would be glad work with everyone to make a book like the attached draft if you would provide projects and explanations.

The screen print attachment shows a way to introduce new things from the opening world.

Balloon help that is consistent with the balloon help in this version is a good idea.
Kathleen

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Scott Wallace <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Feb 9, 212, at 9:10 AM, Steve Thomas wrote:

> Ed Team should think about Quick Guides on Variables, and perhaps balloon help when you mouse over the variable types.

Right -- and it would be very good if in the gallery or guides or *somewhere* we had examples illustrating use of every one of the types.

 -- Sott

--
Unless this email contains personal or other matters that need to be kept confidential, a
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/etoys-education-team?hl=en

--
Unless this email contains personal or other matters that need to be kept confidential, a
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/etoys-education-team?hl=en

--
Unless this email contains personal or other matters that need to be kept confidential, a
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/etoys-education-team?hl=en

Re: Etoys 5 - Blue cloud

Rita Freudenberg

On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:52 PM, Ricardo Moran wrote:

Hi, I edited the subject to discuss this in a new conversation.

IMHO, Kathleen's proposal of a blue cloud pointing to a project showing all the new features in Etoys 5.0 is a very good idea.

+1! I like it very much. Will start writing a release note.

Rita

Cheers,
Richo

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Kathleen Harness <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I have been following the conversations about the new version of Etoys, but I do not have a good grasp of what will be included nor how some it can be used. Still, I want to help and the attachments are two possibilities.

Would a book be a good way to show all of the new features in one place? It would not add to the Quick Guides and would be highly visible. It could also have a section of bug fixes or improvements.

One good thing about using a book would be, when the next version is introduced, that the blue cloud could read Etoys 6 and lead to a book for those features while the Etoys 5's book now could become of of the projects in the Gallery.

I would be glad work with everyone to make a book like the attached draft if you would provide projects and explanations.

The screen print attachment shows a way to introduce new things from the opening world.

Balloon help that is consistent with the balloon help in this version is a good idea.
Kathleen

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Scott Wallace <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Feb 9, 212, at 9:10 AM, Steve Thomas wrote:

> Ed Team should think about Quick Guides on Variables, and perhaps balloon help when you mouse over the variable types.

Right -- and it would be very good if in the gallery or guides or *somewhere* we had examples illustrating use of every one of the types.

 -- Sott

--
Unless this email contains personal or other matters that need to be kept confidential, a
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/etoys-education-team?hl=en

--
Unless this email contains personal or other matters that need to be kept confidential, a
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/etoys-education-team?hl=en

etoys-dev mailing list
[hidden email]