Author: kfr
Time: 15 May 2011, 8:05:24 pm
UUID: 0d0637ec-78a2-d749-91af-9ed61030d8e9
Ancestors: Etoys-kfr.51

Insert characters at end of text.
Fix SQ-809

=============== Diff against Etoys-kfr.51 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: TextMorph class>>additionsToViewerCategories (in category '*eToys-scripting') -----
  additionsToViewerCategories
  "Answer a list of (<categoryName> <list of category specs>) pairs that characterize the phrases this kind of morph wishes to add to various Viewer categories."

^ #(

(#'color' (
  (slot color 'The color of the text' Color readWrite Player getTextColor Player setTextColor:)
  (slot backgroundColor 'The color of the background behind the text' Color readWrite Player getBackgroundColor Player setBackgroundColor:)
  ))

(text (
  (slot characters 'The characters in my contents' String readWrite Player getCharacters Player setCharacters:)

(slot cursor 'The position among my characters that replacement text would go' Number readWrite Player getTextCursor Player setCursor:)
  (slot characterAtCursor 'The character at the my cursor position' String readWrite Player getCharacterAtCursor Player setCharacterAtCursor:)
  (slot count 'How many characters I have' Number readOnly Player getCount unused unused)

(slot firstCharacter  'The first character in my contents' String  readWrite Player getFirstCharacter  Player  setFirstCharacter:)

(slot lastCharacter  'The last character in my contents' String  readWrite Player getLastCharacter  Player  setLastCharacter:)
  (slot allButFirst 'All my characters except the first one' String readWrite Player getAllButFirstCharacter Player  setAllButFirstCharacter:)
  (command insertCharacters: 'insert the given string at my cursor position' String)
+ (command insertCharactersAtEnd: 'insert the given string at end of string' String)  
  (command insertContentsOf: 'insert the characters from another object at my cursor position' Player)
  (slot numericValue 'The number represented by my contents' Number readWrite Player getNumericValue Player  setNumericValue:)))

(basic (
+ (slot characters 'The characters in my contents' String readWrite Player getCharacters Player setCharacters:))))  
- (slot characters 'The characters in my contents' String readWrite Player getCharacters Player setCharacters:))))

!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Etoys: Etoys-kfr.52.mcz

Steve Thomas
Yeah Karl's back!!! 

I loaded Etoys-kfr.52.mcz, but could not find the tile insertCharactersAtEnd:
In the Text Viewer, how do I access to test?

Stephen

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 2:05 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Karl Ramberg uploaded a new version of Etoys to project Etoys:
http://source.squeak.org/etoys/Etoys-kfr.52.mcz

==================== Summary ====================

Name: Etoys-kfr.52

Fix SQ-809

Item was changed:
 ----- Method: TextMorph class>>additionsToViewerCategories (in category '*eToys-scripting') -----
       "Answer a list of (<categoryName> <list of category specs>) pairs that characterize the phrases this kind of morph wishes to add to various Viewer categories."

^ #(

(#'color' (
 (slot color 'The color of the text' Color readWrite Player getTextColor Player setTextColor:)
 (slot backgroundColor 'The color of the background behind the text' Color readWrite Player getBackgroundColor Player setBackgroundColor:)
 ))

(text (
 (slot characters      'The characters in my contents' String  readWrite Player getCharacters Player setCharacters:)

(slot cursor 'The position among my characters that replacement text would go' Number readWrite Player getTextCursor Player setCursor:)
 (slot characterAtCursor 'The character at the my cursor position' String readWrite Player getCharacterAtCursor Player setCharacterAtCursor:)
 (slot count 'How many characters I have' Number readOnly Player getCount unused unused)

(slot firstCharacter  'The first character in my contents' String  readWrite Player getFirstCharacter  Player  setFirstCharacter:)

(slot lastCharacter  'The last character in my contents' String  readWrite Player getLastCharacter  Player  setLastCharacter:)
 (slot allButFirst 'All my characters except the first one' String readWrite Player getAllButFirstCharacter Player  setAllButFirstCharacter:)
 (command insertCharacters: 'insert the given string at my cursor position' String)
+ (command insertCharactersAtEnd: 'insert the given string at end of string' String)
 (command insertContentsOf: 'insert the characters from another object at my cursor position' Player)
 (slot numericValue 'The number represented by my contents' Number readWrite Player getNumericValue Player  setNumericValue:)))

(basic (
+ (slot characters      'The characters in my contents' String  readWrite Player getCharacters Player setCharacters:))))
- (slot characters      'The characters in my contents' String  readWrite Player getCharacters Player setCharacters:))))

!

Reply | Threaded
|

Bert Freudenberg
On 16.05.2011, at 07:27, Steve Thomas wrote:

Yeah Karl's back!!! 

Indeed! Yay! :)

Stephen

Karl just forgot to add the Player>>insertCharactersAtEnd: method, so it won't actually show up in the viewer. Also, imho this would better be named "appendCharacters:". Actually, I just fixed that :)

To try, you can simply update (press command-comma a.k.a. "view source", and choose "update code from server" from the "help..." item). 

- Bert -

Fix SQ-809

Item was changed:

^ #(

(#'color' (
 ))

(text (
 (slot characters      'The characters in my contents' String  readWrite Player getCharacters Player setCharacters:)

(basic (
+ (slot characters      'The characters in my contents' String  readWrite Player getCharacters Player setCharacters:))))
- (slot characters      'The characters in my contents' String  readWrite Player getCharacters Player setCharacters:))))

!

Reply | Threaded
|

Karl Ramberg
Ah, 
much nicer fix Bert :-)

Karl

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 16.05.2011, at 07:27, Steve Thomas wrote:

Yeah Karl's back!!! 

Indeed! Yay! :)

Stephen

Karl just forgot to add the Player>>insertCharactersAtEnd: method, so it won't actually show up in the viewer. Also, imho this would better be named "appendCharacters:". Actually, I just fixed that :)

To try, you can simply update (press command-comma a.k.a. "view source", and choose "update code from server" from the "help..." item). 

- Bert -

Fix SQ-809

Item was changed:

^ #(

(#'color' (
 ))

(text (

(basic (

!