Etoys: System-bf.45.mcz

commits-2
Bert Freudenberg uploaded a new version of System to project Etoys:
http://source.squeak.org/etoys/System-bf.45.mcz

Name: System-bf.45
Author: bf
Time: 14 April 2011, 8:16:04 am
UUID: 36a125f2-ca30-4bea-9c42-00407f8dac98
Ancestors: System-bf.44

- always use SQUEAKLETS command line argument if given

=============== Diff against System-bf.44 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Project class>>squeakletDirectory (in category 'squeaklet on server') -----
  squeakletDirectory

  | squeakletDirectoryName |
+ squeakletDirectoryName := SugarLauncher current
+ parameterAt: 'SQUEAKLETS'
+ ifAbsent: ['Squeaklets'].
- squeakletDirectoryName := (SugarLauncher isRunningInRainbow
- ifTrue: [SugarLauncher current parameterAt: 'SQUEAKLETS' ifAbsent: [nil]])
- ifNil: ['Squeaklets'].
  (FileDirectory default directoryExists: squeakletDirectoryName) ifFalse: [
  FileDirectory default createDirectory: squeakletDirectoryName
  ].
  ^FileDirectory default directoryNamed: squeakletDirectoryName!

Re: Etoys: System-bf.45.mcz

K K Subbu
On Saturday 16 Apr 2011 10:08:46 pm [hidden email] wrote:
> - always use SQUEAKLETS command line argument if given
Squeaklets seem to be used only as a temporary directory to assemble projects
before uploading it to a project server. Should we look at using environment
variables like TEMP or TMPDIR before falling back to SQUEAKLETS? The default
location for squeaklets really hurts in the To-Go version where flash memory is
used as a temp location.

This could even be done in the launcher script if it is specific to Unix/Linux
deployments.

Subbu

Re: Etoys: System-bf.45.mcz

Bert Freudenberg

On 17.04.2011, at 08:49, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Saturday 16 Apr 2011 10:08:46 pm [hidden email] wrote:
>> - always use SQUEAKLETS command line argument if given
> Squeaklets seem to be used only as a temporary directory to assemble projects
> before uploading it to a project server. Should we look at using environment
> variables like TEMP or TMPDIR before falling back to SQUEAKLETS? The default
> location for squeaklets really hurts in the To-Go version where flash memory is
> used as a temp location.
>
> This could even be done in the launcher script if it is specific to Unix/Linux
> deployments.

Yes, you can set the SQUEAKLETS argument from the launcher script, for example based on an env var. Until now it was ignored unless Etoys detected it was running under Rainbow. But now it should always use that argument if given.

- Bert -