Quantcast

Etoys on Android

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Etoys on Android

Rita Freudenberg
Hi all,

another question arised today about Etoys on Android. Can someone give a short summary of what needs to be done for Etoys to run on Android?

Thanks,
Rita

Rita Freudenberg
[hidden email]




_______________________________________________
squeakland mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakland
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Etoys on Android

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-02-12, at 14:41, Rita Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> another question arised today about Etoys on Android. Can someone give a short summary of what needs to be done for Etoys to run on Android?

Pretty much the same as for iOS: Design and implement a UI that is usable by touch.

That's the biggie. Getting it to work shouldn't take much longer than a couple of weekends, given that there is a Squeak VM already available.

- Bert -

_______________________________________________
squeakland mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakland
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Etoys on Android

Steve Thomas
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 2013-02-12, at 14:41, Rita Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> another question arised today about Etoys on Android. Can someone give a short summary of what needs to be done for Etoys to run on Android?

Pretty much the same as for iOS: Design and implement a UI that is usable by touch.

That's the biggie.
While I am all for "authoring always on" having Etoys projects that could run on Android (without authoring, which would be really annoying for fat finger folks like myself on such a small screen)  would be a BIG motivator for kids.
It would also help us get a lot more usage and attraction to Etoys.  
Imaging creating an Android App as simple as creating an Etoys project!!!


Getting it to work shouldn't take much longer than a couple of weekends, given that there is a Squeak VM already available.
Just to clear I assume the unit is "Bert weekends" 


- Bert -

_______________________________________________
squeakland mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakland


_______________________________________________
squeakland mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakland
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Etoys on Android

hilaire
In reply to this post by Rita Freudenberg
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Etoys on Android

Bert Freudenberg
For those who don't recognize Hilaire: His "Dr. Geo" is in both Apple's and Google's app stores:

        http://www.drgeo.eu/tablet

- Bert -

On 2013-02-13, at 07:30, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can assist a bit if someone want to look at it, but my plate is overcrowling these months.
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 12/02/2013 14:41, Rita Freudenberg a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> another question arised today about Etoys on Android. Can someone give a short summary of what needs to be done for Etoys to run on Android?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rita
>>
>> Rita Freudenberg
>> [hidden email]


_______________________________________________
squeakland mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakland
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Etoys on Android

Steve Thomas
Hilaire,

The link to Dr. Geo for Android  at: http://www.drgeo.eu/tablet does not work :(
But it says incomaptable with my devices (Samsung Galaxy SIII) :(

Stephen

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
For those who don't recognize Hilaire: His "Dr. Geo" is in both Apple's and Google's app stores:

        http://www.drgeo.eu/tablet

- Bert -

On 2013-02-13, at 07:30, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can assist a bit if someone want to look at it, but my plate is overcrowling these months.
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 12/02/2013 14:41, Rita Freudenberg a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> another question arised today about Etoys on Android. Can someone give a short summary of what needs to be done for Etoys to run on Android?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rita
>>
>> Rita Freudenberg
>> [hidden email]


_______________________________________________
squeakland mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakland


_______________________________________________
squeakland mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakland
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Etoys on Android

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Etoys on Android

Andres Nebel
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Hi!
In the recent days i've been trying the beta versions of CogDroid in Android devices, and despite it works with the Squeak image, if i try to load the Etoys image the CogDroid VM closes itself. I read the Log file and it says "Unable to read image" or something like that.

Have someone achieve something in this matter like finding what component of Etoys Image is giving trouble or what needs to be done to get Etoys working with CogDroid on Android?

Thanks!
Loading...