Evaluating Snippet With Unmatched "]" Problem

Evaluating Snippet With Unmatched "]" Problem

Richard A. Harmon
The following when selected and displayed in a work space:

        | x |
        x := 1 + 2].

evaluates without error and displays:

        | x |
        x := 1 + 2
3

I think it should complain.

Even more interesting:

        | x |
        x := 1 + 2].
        x // 2.

also displays 3 without complaining.

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
[hidden email]           E. G. McCarthy

Re: Evaluating Snippet With Unmatched "]" Problem

Blair McGlashan
Richard

You wrote in message news:[hidden email]...
> The following when selected and displayed in a work space:
>
> | x |
> x := 1 + 2].
>
> evaluates without error and displays:

These are known bugs in the compiler. We haven't bothered to fix them
because they are relatively benign and because we intend to replace the
compiler .

Regards

Blair