Examples in Seaside/Scriptaculous/Comet

Lukas Renggli
Hi,

I observe that the example applications in the packages Seaside,
Scriptaculous and Comet get bigger and bigger. I see those
applications as a minimal example to document (other documentation is
mostly missing or out of date anyway), to exercise and present the
features of the package. Beginners should be able to easily gasp the
key idea of the example and be able to reuse it in their own context
without getting confused by hundreds of other features having nothing
to do with the thing.

If we want to have such full blown example applications, I think, they
should go in a different package. What do you think?

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Examples in Seaside/Scriptaculous/Comet

Philippe Marschall
2006/10/15, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I observe that the example applications in the packages Seaside,
> Scriptaculous and Comet get bigger and bigger. I see those
> applications as a minimal example to document (other documentation is
> mostly missing or out of date anyway), to exercise and present the
> features of the package. Beginners should be able to easily gasp the
> key idea of the example and be able to reuse it in their own context
> without getting confused by hundreds of other features having nothing
> to do with the thing.
>
> If we want to have such full blown example applications, I think, they
> should go in a different package. What do you think?

I second this.

Philippe

Re: Examples in Seaside/Scriptaculous/Comet

Reinhard Handl
or even should be well documented and with examples ;-)

cheers, rfh