Examples of complex Iliad apps?

tfleig
The tutorials are nice for explaining one topic or a few, but I think if I had access to a real-life complex Iliad application I would be able to answer many more of my questions about topics not yet covered in the documentation.

Is there source code for such a full-blown Iliad application available anywhere?

Re: Examples of complex Iliad apps?

ZuLuuuuuu
tfleig wrote
The tutorials are nice for explaining one topic or a few, but I think if I had access to a real-life complex Iliad application I would be able to answer many more of my questions about topics not yet covered in the documentation.

Is there source code for such a full-blown Iliad application available anywhere?
Well, it is not that complex or that big or that complete but there is a forum application I'm working on. You can see a demo at:

http://siu2011.hacettepe.edu.tr:8888/forum (I renewed the design everybody is welcome to visit :))

It also uses JQuery toggle effect for menus (which you asked in another question). It is up and running for a few weeks now.

You can download the source code here:

http://www.canol.info/smalltalk/iyzi_forum.tar.gz

I'll create a git repository soon, hopefully :)
Canol Gökel

Re: Examples of complex Iliad apps?

Nicolas Petton
Le jeudi 02 décembre 2010 à 12:24 -0800, tfleig a écrit :
> The tutorials are nice for explaining one topic or a few, but I think if I
> had access to a real-life complex Iliad application I would be able to
> answer many more of my questions about topics not yet covered in the
> documentation.
>
> Is there source code for such a full-blown Iliad application available
> anywhere?

Hi,

As Canol said, there is Iyzi forum, I know Steven is working on other
apps (I don't know if it will ne opensource or not), and we'll release
another app next month :)

Unfortunately, documentation is missing.
The code of the API is commented and there is a draft of of
documentation, but that's it.

We need more examples like Canol's forum :)

That said, feel free to ask questions here, I'll be always happy to
answer and help as much as I can.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Re: Examples of complex Iliad apps?

tfleig
Thanks so much! I am sure I will find perusing your code most helpful.

TF

Re: Examples of complex Iliad apps?

tfleig
I have your forum up on my local system. Thanks.

I had to do the following to get the stylesheet and images to appear after putting your Public folder in the directory containing my gst image. (Probably required because I am not using Apache to serve static files.)

     IyziForum.SettingList default publicFolderUrl: 'iyziForum'.

     Iliad.ILFileHandler addDirectory:
        (Iliad.ILDiskDirectory new
            directory: 'Public/').

I mention this in case anyone else installs the code and has a similar problem.

TF

Re: Examples of complex Iliad apps?

tfleig
Correction: All that was actually required was to create the Public directory and evaluate:

    IyziForum.SettingList default publicFolderUrl: '/iyziForum'.

(Note the leading slash in the folder URL.)

TF