Exception Handling in the Moose Distribution Image

Exception Handling in the Moose Distribution Image

Mircea Filip Lungu
Hi guys,

This is a bug report I got from one of my students and replicated by myself:

In the Moose 4.6 image downloaded from moosetechnology.org, if I
execute the following code

| c |
c := Collection new.
c add: 1.

the image seems to freeze, although what I would expect is that
SubclassResponsibility
exception to be raised. This has been observed on Windows and Mac.

Do you know about this?

Thanks,
M.

--
Dr. Mircea Lungu
Researcher

Re: Exception Handling in the Moose Distribution Image

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks. Please report this to pharo-dev mailing list (or I can do it
if you are not registered).

Cheers,
Doru

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Mircea Filip Lungu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> This is a bug report I got from one of my students and replicated by myself:
>
> In the Moose 4.6 image downloaded from moosetechnology.org, if I
> execute the following code
>
> | c |
> c := Collection new.
> c add: 1.
>
> the image seems to freeze, although what I would expect is that
> SubclassResponsibility
> exception to be raised. This has been observed on Windows and Mac.
>
> Do you know about this?
>
> Thanks,
> M.
>
> --
> Dr. Mircea Lungu
> Researcher
> Software Composition Group
> University of Bern

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Exception Handling in the Moose Distribution Image

this is fixed in 1.4

Stef

> Hi guys,
>
> This is a bug report I got from one of my students and replicated by myself:
>
> In the Moose 4.6 image downloaded from moosetechnology.org, if I
> execute the following code
>
> | c |
> c := Collection new.
> c add: 1.
>
> the image seems to freeze, although what I would expect is that
> SubclassResponsibility
> exception to be raised. This has been observed on Windows and Mac.
>
> Do you know about this?
>
> Thanks,
> M.
>
> --
> Dr. Mircea Lungu
> Researcher
> Software Composition Group
> University of Bern

Re: Exception Handling in the Moose Distribution Image

Mircea Filip Lungu
Cool, Thanks!

M.