Exception Handling in the Moose Distribution Image

Exception Handling in the Moose Distribution Image

Mircea Filip Lungu
Hi guys,

This is a bug report I got from one of my students and replicated by myself:

In the Moose 4.6 image downloaded from moosetechnology.org, if I
execute the following code

| c |
c := Collection new.
c add: 1.

the image seems to freeze, although what I would expect is that
SubclassResponsibility
exception to be raised. This has been observed on Windows and Mac.

Do you know about this?

Thanks,
M.

--
Dr. Mircea Lungu
Researcher

--
Dr. Mircea Lungu
Researcher
Software Composition Group
University of Bern

Re: Exception Handling in the Moose Distribution Image

Marcus Denker-4

On Dec 9, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Mircea Filip Lungu wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> This is a bug report I got from one of my students and replicated by myself:
>
> In the Moose 4.6 image downloaded from moosetechnology.org, if I
> execute the following code
>
> | c |
> c := Collection new.
> c add: 1.
>
> the image seems to freeze, although what I would expect is that
> SubclassResponsibility
> exception to be raised. This has been observed on Windows and Mac.
>
> Do you know about this?

This has been fixed in 1.4 last week... as a workaround, I think filing in this should work:

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

SubclassResponsibility-standardMessageText.st (571 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Exception Handling in the Moose Distribution Image

Yes it was the problem with the Stream basicNew.
In 1.4 latest version it works.