Exception when trying to Show Shared Tabs

Exception when trying to Show Shared Tabs

Humble Origins

Hi,

I am a newbie and this is my first Smalltalk learning effort.  I have downloaded Pharo-1.0-10508-rc2 and it is working fine so far.

I just want the system to display all the Shared Tabs. So, when I click Configuration -> show shared tabs menu option I get this error:

MessageNotUnderstood: Project>>currentToggleFlapsSuppressed

Project(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #currentToggleFlapsSuppressed

[] in ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:

BlockClosure>>ensure:

CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:

ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:

ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>mouseUp:

ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>handleMouseUp:

MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:

ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:

MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:

MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:

ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:

MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:

MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:

MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:

MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:

MenuMorph>>handleFocusEvent:

[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:

[] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:

BlockClosure>>on:do:

How do I get around this issue to have Pharo display the Shared Tabs?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Exception when trying to Show Shared Tabs

Stéphane Ducasse
Welcome and thanks for the feedback!!!

Flaps do not exist in Pharo so this is a bug of ours :)
Now in Pharo 1.1 unstable this is not there anymore but thanks for letting us know.
Have fun and do not hesitate to send us remarks, questions, bugs....

Stef

On Apr 3, 2010, at 4:07 AM, Humble Origins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie and this is my first Smalltalk learning effort.  I have downloaded Pharo-1.0-10508-rc2 and it is working fine so far.
> I just want the system to display all the Shared Tabs. So, when I click Configuration -> show shared tabs menu option I get this error:

> MessageNotUnderstood: Project>>currentToggleFlapsSuppressed
>
> Project(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #currentToggleFlapsSuppressed
> [] in ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>mouseUp:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>handleMouseUp:
> MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
> MenuMorph>>handleFocusEvent:
> [] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
> [] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
> BlockClosure>>on:do:

> How do I get around this issue to have Pharo display the Shared Tabs?
>
> Any help is really appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Exception when trying to Show Shared Tabs

Humble Origins
Thanks Stef,
Just curious. Any specific reasons why we decided not to use Flaps anymore.

I saw them in Squeak and always felt they are cool.

Hope I am not taking too much of your time.

Prakash

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome and thanks for the feedback!!!

Flaps do not exist in Pharo so this is a bug of ours :)
Now in Pharo 1.1 unstable this is not there anymore but thanks for letting us know.
Have fun and do not hesitate to send us remarks, questions, bugs....

Stef

On Apr 3, 2010, at 4:07 AM, Humble Origins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie and this is my first Smalltalk learning effort.  I have downloaded Pharo-1.0-10508-rc2 and it is working fine so far.
> I just want the system to display all the Shared Tabs. So, when I click Configuration -> show shared tabs menu option I get this error:

> MessageNotUnderstood: Project>>currentToggleFlapsSuppressed
>
> Project(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #currentToggleFlapsSuppressed
> [] in ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>mouseUp:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>handleMouseUp:
> MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
> MenuMorph>>handleFocusEvent:
> [] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
> [] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
> BlockClosure>>on:do:

> How do I get around this issue to have Pharo display the Shared Tabs?
>
> Any help is really appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Exception when trying to Show Shared Tabs

Stéphane Ducasse

> Thanks Stef,
> Just curious. Any specific reasons why we decided not to use Flaps anymore.
>
> I saw them in Squeak and always felt they are cool.

Lot of things in Squeak looked cool but was introducing a lot of spaghettis code and maintainability
problems. If somebody implement good flap for Pharo we may integrate them.
There are lot of things that we remove from Squeak and we do not do that for fun and we are often sad
to do it but there is no other way. For example if you look at the number of references to Project....
Our goal is to build a good and clean infrastructure.

> Hope I am not taking too much of your time.

No :)
Don't worry about that.

> Prakash

Re: Exception when trying to Show Shared Tabs

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Humble Origins <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I am a newbie and this is my first Smalltalk learning effort.  I have downloaded Pharo-1.0-10508-rc2 and it is working fine so far.

I just want the system to display all the Shared Tabs. So, when I click Configuration -> show shared tabs menu option I get this error:

where is that "Configuration" that you click on ?