ExceptionTests / Wrong error handler

Tobias Pape
Hi all

We have a failure (regression?) in ExceptionTests
when running on SPUR:

ExceptionTests>>testHandlerFromAction
        Receiver: ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                result: 'inner'
        Receiver's instance variables:
                testSelector: #testHandlerFromAction
                timeout: nil

The wrong error handler is triggered.
VM problem or image problem?

Best regards
        -Tobias

Re: ExceptionTests / Wrong error handler

marcel.taeumel
Is primitive 199 still a marker only? There seems to be no in-image handling of this behavior. Thus, I suspect the comment in BlockClosure >> #on:do: is wrong. Or is the more VM magic involved and the primitive 201 (BlockClosure >> #value) walks the stack and looks for "handlerActive == true"?!

Re: ExceptionTests / Wrong error handler

Levente Uzonyi-2
Hi Tobias,

That test is a feature request. It has been around since 4.3 or so, and is
waiting for a volunteer to implement the requested behavior. IIRC there
have been attempts to do it, but no one took the time to review the
proposed solutions.

Levente

On 08.09.2015, at 10:58, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> That test is a feature request. It has been around since 4.3 or so, and is waiting for a volunteer to implement the requested behavior. IIRC there have been attempts to do it, but no one took the time to review the proposed solutions.

So this should be an expected failure then?

Best regards
        -Tobias

> Levente
>
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2015, Tobias Pape wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> We have a failure (regression?) in ExceptionTests
>> when running on SPUR:
>>
>> ExceptionTests>>testHandlerFromAction
>> Receiver: ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction
>> Arguments and temporary variables:
>> result: 'inner'
>> Receiver's instance variables:
>> testSelector: #testHandlerFromAction
>> timeout: nil
>>
>> The wrong error handler is triggered.
>> VM problem or image problem?
>>
>> Best regards
>> -Tobias

Re: ExceptionTests / Wrong error handler

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Tobias,

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all

We have a failure (regression?) in ExceptionTests
when running on SPUR:

Off topic, but I prefer Spur (as I prefer Cog).  They're just names.  No acronymics.

--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

On 08.09.2015, at 14:35, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We have a failure (regression?) in ExceptionTests
> when running on SPUR:
>
> Off topic, but I prefer Spur (as I prefer Cog).  They're just names.  No acronymics.

Oh sorry. I always get confused with the SPUR jit [1], not content-wise
but spelling-wise.

best regards
        -Tobias

[1]: https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1869517

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 08.09.2015, at 14:35, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We have a failure (regression?) in ExceptionTests
> when running on SPUR:
>
> Off topic, but I prefer Spur (as I prefer Cog).  They're just names.  No acronymics.

Oh sorry. I always get confused with the SPUR jit [1], not content-wise
but spelling-wise.

No problem, but then that's an even better reason to use "Spur", to disambiguate :-).