Execute a javascript snippet arbitrarily

1 message Options

Execute a javascript snippet arbitrarily

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list,

In my line of weird behaviors, I wanted to execute a piece of Javasrcript upon receiving an announcement, which is probably an indicator that this part of my code is too cumbersome and should be cleaned up, but nevertheless I wanted to try so I wrote:

self session redirectTo: 'javascript:{{alert("hi there")}}'

Unfortunately, ILUrl >> initializeFromString: escaped all special characters from the URL and, thus, it didn't work.

Is there a way to skip the URL parsing and tell Iliad to go to an arbitrary URL? I know it's ugly, but it may come in handy sometimes...

Thanks!

Bernat.

--
Bernat Romagosa.