Expanding roassal examples in easel

Uko2
Hi guys!

I want to ask everyone who is developing something important for Roassal-related projects to include your example in easel. For now on there is only some Mondrian and Roassal’s examples. Also Roberto’s tree map builder examples appear when roassal-extras are loaded.

For example GraphET has a lot of examples, but they are not integrated into easel and so it’s not easy to view them. So please, spend a bit more time to make your examples available in roassal easel and so making it easier for others to use your project.

Also my rectangle packing layout example were not transferred to Roassal, can someone please handle that?

Cheers.
Uko

Re: Expanding roassal examples in easel

abergel

On Dec 10, 2013, at 10:08 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also my rectangle packing layout example were not transferred to Roassal, can someone please handle that?

Yes it is part of Roassal. Look for the class RORectanglePackLayout.

I’ve just added the example ROExample>>rectanglePackLayoutOn:
So, it should be accessible within the easel.

The way examples are presented is really ugly. This is something I will work on in January...

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On 10 Dec 2013, at 18:29, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2013, at 10:08 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Also my rectangle packing layout example were not transferred to Roassal, can someone please handle that?
>
> Yes it is part of Roassal. Look for the class RORectanglePackLayout.
>
> I’ve just added the example ROExample>>rectanglePackLayoutOn:
> So, it should be accessible within the easel.

Thank you.

> The way examples are presented is really ugly. This is something I will work on in January…

Yes, but at least it’s more friendly then just selecting pard of method and executing it. I don’t remember bow it’s called but something like: the thing that exists is always better that thing that does not exist :)

> Alexandre

Re: Expanding roassal examples in easel

abergel
>> The way examples are presented is really ugly. This is something I will work on in January…
>
> Yes, but at least it’s more friendly then just selecting pard of method and executing it. I don’t remember bow it’s called but something like: the thing that exists is always better that thing that does not exist :)

I am thinking about doing an example crawler made in Roassal. I will probably add meta information to each example.

Alexandre

Re: Expanding roassal examples in easel

Tudor Girba-2
I am not sure I follow this thread. What exactly is missing in the Roassal examples?

Doru

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The way examples are presented is really ugly. This is something I will work on in January…
>
> Yes, but at least it’s more friendly then just selecting pard of method and executing it. I don’t remember bow it’s called but something like: the thing that exists is always better that thing that does not exist :)

I am thinking about doing an example crawler made in Roassal. I will probably add meta information to each example.

Alexandre

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Expanding roassal examples in easel

Uko2
GraphET. Punchcard builder. Maybe I’m wrong, but this projects have nice examples, and it would be nice to port those to work in easel.

Uko

On 10 Dec 2013, at 22:53, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am not sure I follow this thread. What exactly is missing in the Roassal examples?

Doru

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The way examples are presented is really ugly. This is something I will work on in January…
>
> Yes, but at least it’s more friendly then just selecting pard of method and executing it. I don’t remember bow it’s called but something like: the thing that exists is always better that thing that does not exist :)

I am thinking about doing an example crawler made in Roassal. I will probably add meta information to each example.

Alexandre

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Expanding roassal examples in easel

abergel
This is a very good point. I will work on the examples. Stay tuned!

Alexandre