Expired page with Ajax

Gerhard Obermann
Hi!

We are mainly using AJAX calls (e.g. using onClick events) to update our pages.
What is the best approach to make a redirect (full refresh) to a new page
if the seaside session expires.

Cheers

Gerhard

Re: Expired page with Ajax

keith1y
How do you start seaside2.9 swazoo server?

Keith

Re: Expired page with Ajax

Gerhard Obermann
I am using Apache, FastGCI and GemStone with Seaside 2.8.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> wrote:
How do you start seaside2.9 swazoo server?

Keith

Re: Expired page with Ajax

Lukas Renggli
> What is the best approach to make a redirect (full refresh) to a new page
> if the seaside session expires.

I would set a global #onFailure: handler using SUResponders
(documented at http://www.prototypejs.org/api/ajax/responders) that
displays an error message and/or redirects to the entry point.

In Seaside 2.9 the same can be done using the PTResponders class of
Prototype, or the JQAjaxSetup class of JQuery.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch