Exploring the WACallbackRegistry: how?

philippeback
I'd like to see what's in the callback registry for a given session.

How can I do that?

TIA
Phil

Re: Exploring the WACallbackRegistry: how?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Phil,

You can access the WACallbackRegistry instance for the current continuation as follows:

        renderContentOn: html
                html callbacks inspect.

If you want to get access to the WACallbackRegistry instances of other continuations of the same session: inspect the continuations instvar of a WASession instance (which you get via “self session”).
You can get to the callback registry from there.

Johan

On 24 Aug 2014, at 23:09, [hidden email] wrote:

> I'd like to see what's in the callback registry for a given session.
>
> How can I do that?
>
> TIA
> Phil

Re: Exploring the WACallbackRegistry: how?

philippeback
Thanks!

Definitely helps me understand how these elements are represented in practice.

Seaside is powerful but to get a hold on things, it is not that easy...

Thx for the sample image and code from ESUG. Definitely helped me come to terms with the passenger: thing.

Phil

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Phil,

You can access the WACallbackRegistry instance for the current continuation as follows:

        renderContentOn: html
                html callbacks inspect.

If you want to get access to the WACallbackRegistry instances of other continuations of the same session: inspect the continuations instvar of a WASession instance (which you get via “self session”).
You can get to the callback registry from there.

Johan

On 24 Aug 2014, at 23:09, [hidden email] wrote:

> I'd like to see what's in the callback registry for a given session.
>
> How can I do that?
>
> TIA
> Phil

Re: Exploring the WACallbackRegistry: how?

Johan Brichau-2
If you are exploring the continuations registry, you are probably not doing ‘standard’ stuff.
It would be interesting to know why you need these and what you are doing, if you want.

Johan

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you are exploring the continuations registry, you are probably not doing ‘standard’ stuff.
It would be interesting to know why you need these and what you are doing, if you want.

Nothing fancy but callbacks were mysterious in terms of why too many of them were a problem etc (related to the jQuery ajax callbacks, scripts etc).

Now, I am trying to come to terms with SeasideDynamicSVG.
Examples are running fine, after tweaking some WARenderCanvas for 3.1.

Now, I am looking into how this all works with jQuery. That looks like powerful (also found an old "NeXTPlan" PDF on the web where an very interesting components update strategy was explained. A bit late for me to change my plans but still, next app will go that way for sure.

All the best,