Export/Import widget does not work

Dennis Schetinin
I've loaded Seaside 3.0 and Pier 2 with Metacello configurations. I tried both the "latest" (= 3.0.3.1) and the "last" (= 3.0.6) for Seaside; I also updated all Pier packages from Lukas's repo by hand. The problem I encounter is with Export/Import widget: clicks on "Export" and "Import" buttons are just ignored (at least, callbacks are not triggered in image). Am I doing something wrong?

I remember I had (and reported) a similar issue several months ago, didn't get any response managed to find some solutions or workaround. Now I can't. Any help please?

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Lukas Renggli
On 13 September 2011 21:04, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've loaded Seaside 3.0 and Pier 2 with Metacello configurations. I tried
> both the "latest" (= 3.0.3.1) and the "last" (= 3.0.6) for Seaside; I also
> updated all Pier packages from Lukas's repo by hand. The problem I encounter
> is with Export/Import widget: clicks on "Export" and "Import" buttons are
> just ignored (at least, callbacks are not triggered in image). Am I doing
> something wrong?

I cannot reproduce with the latest builds from Jenkins
(http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/job/Pier%202/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/pier2.zip).
Import and Export works without problems.

> I remember I had (and reported) a similar issue several months ago, didn't
> get any response managed to find some solutions or workaround. Now I can't.
> Any help please?

What version of Pharo are you on? I think in 1.4 they have removed
ReferenceStreams.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Lukas Renggli
Also what server adaptor are you using?

I heard that Swazoo has some issues.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Dennis Schetinin
Pharo 1.3. I issue the problem with both Zinc and Comanche. I can provide scripts if it may help.

BTW, I've managed to import "from Workspace" (just had to hack #replace in PRExporterImporter a bit), but I'd prefer to figure out the source of the problem in the widget and actually resolve it.

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Dennis Schetinin

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Lukas Renggli
Did you try with the image I linked? Can you reproduce it there?

On 13 September 2011 21:41, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pharo 1.3. I issue the problem with both Zinc and Comanche. I can provide
> scripts if it may help.
> BTW, I've managed to import "from Workspace" (just had to hack #replace in
> PRExporterImporter a bit), but I'd prefer to figure out the source of the
> problem in the widget and actually resolve it.
> 2011/9/13 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Also what server adaptor are you using?
>>
>> I heard that Swazoo has some issues.
>>
>> Lukas

>> > I cannot reproduce with the latest builds from Jenkins
>> >
>> > (http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/job/Pier%202/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/pier2.zip).
>> > Import and Export works without problems.

>> > What version of Pharo are you on? I think in 1.4 they have removed
>> > ReferenceStreams.
>> >
>> > Lukas
>> >
>> > --
>> > Lukas Renggli
>> > www.lukas-renggli.ch
>> >

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

> Dennis Schetinin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Dennis Schetinin
No, it is not reproduced in your image. BTW, I have no "Please select the importer/exporter to use:" at the top of the page in my version. I guess I'm missing some package or have incorrect version of something  in my image… Going to try to find the difference.

2011/9/13 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
Did you try with the image I linked? Can you reproduce it there?

On 13 September 2011 21:41, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Pharo 1.3. I issue the problem with both Zinc and Comanche. I can provide
> scripts if it may help.
> BTW, I've managed to import "from Workspace" (just had to hack #replace in
> PRExporterImporter a bit), but I'd prefer to figure out the source of the
> problem in the widget and actually resolve it.
> 2011/9/13 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Also what server adaptor are you using?
>>
>> I heard that Swazoo has some issues.
>>
>> Lukas

>> > I cannot reproduce with the latest builds from Jenkins
>> >
>> > (http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/job/Pier%202/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/pier2.zip).
>> > Import and Export works without problems.

>> > What version of Pharo are you on? I think in 1.4 they have removed
>> > ReferenceStreams.
>> >
>> > Lukas
>> >
>> > --
>> > Lukas Renggli
>> > www.lukas-renggli.ch
>> >

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

> Dennis Schetinin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Dennis Schetinin

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Dennis Schetinin
Lukas, I've tried to use your scripts to load Seaside 3.0 + Pier 2 in Pharo 1.3 in the following sequence:

OmniBrowser
Seaside 3
Komanche
Magritte2
Pier2

After that, I get MNU for WAApplication>>#hasCookieInContext, just as I reported there: http://forum.world.st/Pier2-and-Seaside-3-1-td3809059.html.

I didn't understand how to fix that, as didn't see WAUrl>>purgeSeasideFields ever encountered.

What is the best way to handle this? Is it to use some earlier Seaside version? Or the issue can be fixed somehow?

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Dennis Schetinin

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Lukas Renggli
That shouldn't happen in Seaside 3.0. Looks like you load Seaside 3.1,
maybe through some old files you have in your package cache?

Lukas

On 14 September 2011 11:16, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lukas, I've tried to use your scripts to load Seaside 3.0 + Pier 2 in Pharo
> 1.3 in the following sequence:
> OmniBrowser
> Seaside 3
> Komanche
> Magritte2
> Pier2
> After that, I get MNU for WAApplication>>#hasCookieInContext, just as I
> reported there: http://forum.world.st/Pier2-and-Seaside-3-1-td3809059.html.
> I didn't understand how to fix that, as didn't see WAUrl>>purgeSeasideFields
> ever encountered.
> What is the best way to handle this? Is it to use some earlier Seaside
> version? Or the issue can be fixed somehow?
> 2011/9/14 Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]>
>>
>> No, it is not reproduced in your image. BTW, I have no "Please select the
>> importer/exporter to use:" at the top of the page in my version. I guess I'm
>> missing some package or have incorrect version of something  in my image…
>> Going to try to find the difference.
>> 2011/9/13 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Did you try with the image I linked? Can you reproduce it there?

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

>> --
>> Dennis Schetinin
>

> --
> Dennis Schetinin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Dennis Schetinin
Oh… I don't understand, how it could happen, but I'll try to check and prevent that.

Anyway, I hacked that exception by commenting the check :) And that way, the Import/Export buttons work. Thus, there's obviously a difference between your scripts and ConfigurationOf..., but I can't find it. Any suggestions on that, maybe?

2011/9/14 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
That shouldn't happen in Seaside 3.0. Looks like you load Seaside 3.1,
maybe through some old files you have in your package cache?

Lukas

On 14 September 2011 11:16, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Lukas, I've tried to use your scripts to load Seaside 3.0 + Pier 2 in Pharo
> 1.3 in the following sequence:
> OmniBrowser
> Seaside 3
> Komanche
> Magritte2
> Pier2
> After that, I get MNU for WAApplication>>#hasCookieInContext, just as I
> reported there: http://forum.world.st/Pier2-and-Seaside-3-1-td3809059.html.
> I didn't understand how to fix that, as didn't see WAUrl>>purgeSeasideFields
> ever encountered.
> What is the best way to handle this? Is it to use some earlier Seaside
> version? Or the issue can be fixed somehow?
> 2011/9/14 Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]>
>>
>> No, it is not reproduced in your image. BTW, I have no "Please select the
>> importer/exporter to use:" at the top of the page in my version. I guess I'm
>> missing some package or have incorrect version of something  in my image…
>> Going to try to find the difference.
>> 2011/9/13 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Did you try with the image I linked? Can you reproduce it there?

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

>> --
>> Dennis Schetinin
>

> --
> Dennis Schetinin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Dennis Schetinin

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Lukas Renggli
I don't know.

Theoretically configurations load older code that is known to work
together. In practice however it didn't work for me, because there
were dependent other configurations that used newer code. Also I think
the configurations load Swazoo, which has been reported to be broken.

Lukas

On 14 September 2011 11:35, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh… I don't understand, how it could happen, but I'll try to check and
> prevent that.
> Anyway, I hacked that exception by commenting the check :) And that way, the
> Import/Export buttons work. Thus, there's obviously a difference between
> your scripts and ConfigurationOf..., but I can't find it. Any suggestions on
> that, maybe?
>
> 2011/9/14 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
>>
>> That shouldn't happen in Seaside 3.0. Looks like you load Seaside 3.1,
>> maybe through some old files you have in your package cache?
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 14 September 2011 11:16, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Lukas, I've tried to use your scripts to load Seaside 3.0 + Pier 2 in
>> > Pharo
>> > 1.3 in the following sequence:
>> > OmniBrowser
>> > Seaside 3
>> > Komanche
>> > Magritte2
>> > Pier2
>> > After that, I get MNU for WAApplication>>#hasCookieInContext, just as I
>> > reported
>> > there: http://forum.world.st/Pier2-and-Seaside-3-1-td3809059.html.
>> > I didn't understand how to fix that, as didn't see
>> > WAUrl>>purgeSeasideFields
>> > ever encountered.
>> > What is the best way to handle this? Is it to use some earlier Seaside
>> > version? Or the issue can be fixed somehow?

>> > --
>> > Dennis Schetinin

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

> Dennis Schetinin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Export/Import widget does not work

Dennis Schetinin
Ok, I see... Thank you for your help and scripts. I didn't resolve the issue, but I have now a working image for the site I'm building. :)

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Dennis Schetinin