Export MongoDB to sql format

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hello Everyone.

I think this is not the right place for this question. But I am doing a
work with Pharo.

I use MongoDB with Voyage. But I am asked to export my database in sql
format.

I want to know if there is a way to export mongoDB in sql.

Thanks.

Asbath

Re: Export MongoDB to sql format

EstebanLM

From: Asbath Sama biyalou <[hidden email]>
Subject: Export MongoDB to sql format
Date: 13 April 2017 at 19:26:25 GMT+2
To: Pharo users users <[hidden email]>

Hello Everyone.

I think this is not the right place for this question. But I am doing a
work with Pharo.

I use MongoDB with Voyage. But I am asked to export my database in sql
format.

I want to know if there is a way to export mongoDB in sql.

there is not.
a nosql database will have problems to export its data as sql.
of course it can be done (as everything), but it is a manual task :S

cheers,
Esteban

Thanks.

Asbath

Re: Export MongoDB to sql format

Igor Stasenko

From: Asbath Sama biyalou <[hidden email]>
Date: 13 April 2017 at 19:26:25 GMT+2
To: Pharo users users <[hidden email]>

Hello Everyone.

I think this is not the right place for this question. But I am doing a
work with Pharo.

I use MongoDB with Voyage. But I am asked to export my database in sql
format.

I want to know if there is a way to export mongoDB in sql.

there is not.
a nosql database will have problems to export its data as sql.
of course it can be done (as everything), but it is a manual task :S

This sort of questions most strangest ones , that i always wonder..
Like people who buying microwave asking: cool , now how i could fit a coal burner to it?

Why???? I mean if you need your traditional oven, they why even bother to buy a microvawe in a first place?

cheers,
Esteban

Thanks.

Asbath

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Export MongoDB to sql format

kilon.alios
Some traditional ovens cook some foods better

the answer is always
"because its a complex world and any effort to simplify it is doomed to fail"

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 12:14 PM Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13 April 2017 at 22:23, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Export MongoDB to sql format

Ben Coman

From: Asbath Sama biyalou <[hidden email]>
Date: 13 April 2017 at 19:26:25 GMT+2
To: Pharo users users <[hidden email]>

Hello Everyone.

I think this is not the right place for this question. But I am doing a
work with Pharo.

I use MongoDB with Voyage. But I am asked to export my database in sql
format.

I want to know if there is a way to export mongoDB in sql.

there is not.
a nosql database will have problems to export its data as sql.
of course it can be done (as everything), but it is a manual task :S

This sort of questions most strangest ones , that i always wonder..

Pure supposition... Because the corporate policy *only* allows relational database,
but nosql was a better solution, but needs fake that its relational.

cheers -ben