Exports from VA9.x back to VA8.x could not be reused in V8.x?

Exports from VA9.x back to VA8.x could not be reused in V8.x?

Norbert Hunt

We migrated our application from VA8.0.2 to VA9.0 (both still x86). Now we would like to (partly) backport some new developed code from new 9.0 into an old V8x ENVY library.
After an export of versioned classes/applications from new V9 library/image to V8 library, the source code is shown only puzzled in old V8 class/method browser.
The migration guide does only describe the upward path. I read about issues between x64  <->  x86 exchange but we still have only 32Bit development on both.
Any hint what has to be done to get this use case supported?

small example:

Thx, Norbert

Re: Exports from VA9.x back to VA8.x could not be reused in V8.x?

Seth Berman
Greetings Norbert,

Described here in the migration guide:
http://www.instantiations.com/docs/91/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=mi/migr8612.html

Short version:
- Overwrite the older installation versions of the library primitives (emntv50.dll and emsrv50.dll) with the ones from 9.0.

Kind Regards,

- Seth

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 7:58:20 AM UTC-4, Norbert Hunt wrote:

We migrated our application from VA8.0.2 to VA9.0 (both still x86). Now we would like to (partly) backport some new developed code from new 9.0 into an old V8x ENVY library.
After an export of versioned classes/applications from new V9 library/image to V8 library, the source code is shown only puzzled in old V8 class/method browser.
The migration guide does only describe the upward path. I read about issues between x64  <->  x86 exchange but we still have only 32Bit development on both.
Any hint what has to be done to get this use case supported?

small example:

Thx, Norbert

Re: Exports from VA9.x back to VA8.x could not be reused in V8.x?

Norbert Hunt
Hello Seth

this was easy to fix and works fine!

Thanks and kind regards,