Extending HTML tags

larrry
I need tags that aren't included out-of-the-box in Amber: hr,
fieldset, label, probably others and would also like a few psuedo-tags
like the space 'tag' in the Seaside library. What are the plans for
extending the tag set?

FWIW, I tried extending the HTMLCanvas class via the UI but it didn't
have any effect. It seems like changing an existing library might
require some extra steps. Is that explained anywhere?

thanks.
larry

Re: Extending HTML tags

Nicolas Petton
On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 07:57 -0400, Larry White wrote:
> I need tags that aren't included out-of-the-box in Amber: hr,
> fieldset, label, probably others and would also like a few psuedo-tags
> like the space 'tag' in the Seaside library. What are the plans for
> extending the tag set?

The plan is to have all HTML tags, of course, but I must have been lazy
when I wrote HTMLCanvas :)

I added an issue https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber/issues/85

> FWIW, I tried extending the HTMLCanvas class via the UI but it didn't
> have any effect. It seems like changing an existing library might
> require some extra steps. Is that explained anywhere?

Nope, you can extend the HTMLCanvas, it will work. What do you mean with
no effect?

Cheers,
Nico

Re: Extending HTML tags

Bernat Romagosa
Also, you can always do:

(html tag: 'yourTag') with: 'hello!'

:)

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Extending HTML tags

larrry
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Nicolas Petton
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 07:57 -0400, Larry White wrote:
>> I need tags that aren't included out-of-the-box in Amber: hr,
>> fieldset, label, probably others and would also like a few psuedo-tags
>> like the space 'tag' in the Seaside library. What are the plans for
>> extending the tag set?
>
> The plan is to have all HTML tags, of course, but I must have been lazy
> when I wrote HTMLCanvas :)
>
> I added an issue https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber/issues/85
>
>> FWIW, I tried extending the HTMLCanvas class via the UI but it didn't
>> have any effect. It seems like changing an existing library might
>> require some extra steps. Is that explained anywhere?
>
> Nope, you can extend the HTMLCanvas, it will work. What do you mean with
> no effect?

I probably meant that I was doing it wrong ;)
What I did was just to add a method
hr
    ^self tag: 'hr'

save and commit and then call it in a render on:

html hr.

and I get a walkback in the browser when I try to use it: A HTMLCANVAS
DOES NOT UNDERSTAND #HR.

Do i have to do something like creating a canvas directory, moving
files or anything before doing the commit?

> Cheers,
> Nico

Re: Extending HTML tags

larrry
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Bernat Romagosa
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Also, you can always do:
> (html tag: 'yourTag') with: 'hello!'

That works. Thank you