Extending the FAQ

Orla Greevy-2
Hi,

I think it would be really cool to extend the faq.

http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/faq

I don't have time to always follow the mailing list and I think a lot of interesting questions pass me by. Also I am usually somewhere else in my head than moose these days so a handy question and answer list would save me a lot of reasking silly newbie questions.

My common questions at the moment are:

- How do I set Moose to allow me browse the source of the model? ( I know the answer now :-))
- How do I calculate duplications?
- What does moose consider as a duplication by default?
... and so on.

I know this is a bit of work but we could start and I am volunteering to contribute.

Cheers,
Orla

Re: Extending the FAQ

Alexandre Bergel
Hi Orla,

Maybe you can just add your questions on the page. Mark them with a **
for example, to know that an answer is needed.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 22 Mar 2010, at 15:43, Orla Greevy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it would be really cool to extend the faq.
>
> http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/faq
>
> I don't have time to always follow the mailing list and I think a
> lot of interesting questions pass me by. Also I am usually somewhere
> else in my head than moose these days so a handy question and answer
> list would save me a lot of reasking silly newbie questions.
>
> My common questions at the moment are:
>
> - How do I set Moose to allow me browse the source of the model? ( I
> know the answer now :-))
> - How do I calculate duplications?
> - What does moose consider as a duplication by default?
> ... and so on.
>
> I know this is a bit of work but we could start and I am
> volunteering to contribute.
>
> Cheers,
> Orla

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Extending the FAQ

Tudor Girba
Hi Orla,

Sure, that would be great. The page is writable by anyone with an
account on the page :).

Btw, if any of you have lost your password, or do not have an account,
please let me know and I will create one.

Cheers,
Doru

On 22 Mar 2010, at 20:43, Orla Greevy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it would be really cool to extend the faq.
>
> http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/faq
>
> I don't have time to always follow the mailing list and I think a
> lot of interesting questions pass me by. Also I am usually somewhere
> else in my head than moose these days so a handy question and answer
> list would save me a lot of reasking silly newbie questions.
>
> My common questions at the moment are:
>
> - How do I set Moose to allow me browse the source of the model? ( I
> know the answer now :-))
> - How do I calculate duplications?
> - What does moose consider as a duplication by default?
> ... and so on.
>
> I know this is a bit of work but we could start and I am
> volunteering to contribute.
>
> Cheers,
> Orla

www.tudorgirba.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."

Re: Extending the FAQ

Orla Greevy
Hi Doru,

amazingly enough I remembered my password. I will start adding my faqs :-)

... looking forward to an active moose career :-)

Orla

On Mar 22, 2010, at 9:22 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

[...]

Simon Denier-3

On 22 mars 2010, at 22:20, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Hi Orla,
>
> Maybe you can just add your questions on the page. Mark them with a ** for example, to know that an answer is needed.

Yes, that would be a good idea. I believe in piecemeal growth for documentation.

> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 22 Mar 2010, at 15:43, Orla Greevy wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it would be really cool to extend the faq.
>>
>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/faq
>>
>> I don't have time to always follow the mailing list and I think a lot of interesting questions pass me by. Also I am usually somewhere else in my head than moose these days so a handy question and answer list would save me a lot of reasking silly newbie questions.
>>
>> My common questions at the moment are:
>>
>> - How do I set Moose to allow me browse the source of the model? ( I know the answer now :-))
>> - How do I calculate duplications?
>> - What does moose consider as a duplication by default?
>> ... and so on.
>>
>> I know this is a bit of work but we could start and I am volunteering to contribute.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Orla

 Simon