Extent a Athens surface?

vpena
Hi,

I wanted to ask if it's possible to extent an Athens surface. If it
can't be done, because as far as I understand this can't be done in
Cairo, is it possible to simulate it at least? Is it possible to stop
#drawDuring: and build another surface, maybe?

Thanks,
Vanessa.

Re: Extent a Athens surface?

Fernando olivero-2
Hola Vanessa,

i can help you if, but i don't  fully understand what do you want to achieve by "extending" the surface.

Saludos,
Fernando

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Vanessa Peña Araya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to ask if it's possible to extent an Athens surface. If it
can't be done, because as far as I understand this can't be done in
Cairo, is it possible to simulate it at least? Is it possible to stop
#drawDuring: and build another surface, maybe?

Thanks,
Vanessa.

Re: Extent a Athens surface?

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jan 28, 2013, at 6:25 PM, Fernando Olivero wrote:

> Hola Vanessa,
>
> i can help you if, but i don't  fully understand what do you want to achieve by "extending" the surface.

I think that creating a larger surface.

Stef

> Saludos,
> Fernando
>

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Vanessa Peña Araya <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to ask if it's possible to extent an Athens surface. If it
> can't be done, because as far as I understand this can't be done in
> Cairo, is it possible to simulate it at least? Is it possible to stop
> #drawDuring: and build another surface, maybe?
>
> Thanks,
> Vanessa.

Re: Extent a Athens surface?

Igor Stasenko
On 28 January 2013 23:11, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2013, at 6:25 PM, Fernando Olivero wrote:
>
>> Hola Vanessa,
>>
>> i can help you if, but i don't  fully understand what do you want to achieve by "extending" the surface.
>
> I think that creating a larger surface.

how large?
is

AthensCairoSurface extent: 2000@2000

not works?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Extent a Athens surface?

MartinW
Igor Stasenko wrote
>> I wanted to ask if it's possible to extent an Athens surface. If it
>> can't be done, because as far as I understand this can't be done in
>> Cairo, is it possible to simulate it at least? Is it possible to stop
>> #drawDuring: and build another surface, maybe?
how large?
is

AthensCairoSurface extent: 2000@2000

not works?
I think it is about resizing an existing Morph that is drawn with Athens Surface? I had problems with it and had the same question. But it works well with something like:

SomeSubclassOfMorph>>extent: aPoint
        |newExtent|
        newExtent := aPoint rounded.
        (bounds extent closeTo: newExtent) ifTrue: [^ self].
        self changed.
        bounds := (bounds topLeft extent: newExtent).
        surface := AthensCairoSurface extent: newExtent.
        self layoutChanged.
        self changed.

Now Boids fly in a resizable sky :)

Re: Extent a Athens surface?

Igor Stasenko
On 30 January 2013 18:14, MartinW <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Igor Stasenko wrote
>> how large?
>> is
>>
>> AthensCairoSurface extent: 2000@2000
>>
>> not works?
>
> I think it is about resizing an existing Morph that is drawn with Athens
> Surface? I had problems with it and had the same question. But it works well
> with something like:
>
> SomeSubclassOfMorph>>extent: aPoint
>         |newExtent|
>         newExtent := aPoint rounded.
>         (bounds extent closeTo: newExtent) ifTrue: [^ self].
>         self changed.
>         bounds := (bounds topLeft extent: newExtent).
>         surface := AthensCairoSurface extent: newExtent.
>         self layoutChanged.
>         self changed.
>
> Now Boids fly in a resizable sky :)

yes. this is the way. you cannot resize existing surface, but create a
new one instead.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Extent a Athens surface?

vpena
Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer, it works perfectly :)

Vanessa.