External integers

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

Dolphin defines ExternalInteger and various subclasses such as DWORD under ExternalStructure.  I will oscillate between caring about the details (for FFI uses??) and simply wanting the classes in the image to pacify my code.

Is there a correct way to deal with such things?  Not seeing anything, I created ExternalInteger that uses a ByteArray and DWORD under it, acting as a glorified value holder. Please let me know if I am missing an existing solution.

Bill

Re: External integers

csrabak
Bill,

Dolphin is a single platform Smalltalk so it is conceptually easy to deal with DWORD, etc.
However your mention to FFI raises an interesting question, since once you start to connect with functionality written in other languages this has to be accounted for.

It would be nice to know how to deal with these things (I cannot find any docs about this).

--
Cesar Rabak