External object not found: Xtreams.LibCryptoEVP>>SSLeay

External object not found: Xtreams.LibCryptoEVP>>SSLeay

MarkPetersen
I just installed VW 7.9.1 and am getting an exception when trying to connect to an internal  WebServices.WsdlClient url using an AIX image.  I don't have the problem in Windows and haven't tried Linux yet.  If I try to connect to a public service like 'http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx?wsdl', it works fine, even in aix.

The aix image exception is 'External object not found'.  The ExternalMethod is  Xtreams.LibCryptoEVP>>SSLeay.

I have tried changing VW_LIBCRYPTO=/usr/lib where the libcrypto.a file resides.  I tried modifying the method LibCryptoEVP>>libcryptoSO to return 'libcrypto.a' (since aix seems to use this method and .a is the suffix used in aix).  I also tried putting the full path in libcrytoSO.  Still no success.

I loaded the parcel Security-Xtreams, though I know this isn't related to the 'External object not found' issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark Petersen
IBM

Re: External object not found: Xtreams.LibCryptoEVP>>SSLeay

Holger Kleinsorgen
VW_LIBCRYPTO should contain the full path of the library, not just the directory.
For 32 bit VW-VMs you must point it to a 32 bit version of the library.

Re: External object not found: Xtreams.LibCryptoEVP>>SSLeay

MarkPetersen
Thanks for your suggestion Holger.  I wound up submitting this to Cincom and they have been working on it.  We did get the library found by using VW_LIBCRYPTO='/usr/lib/libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.8)'.

Or, I also found one could remove the line <library: #aix> from LibCryptoEVP>>libcryptoSO and put it in a new method called libcryptoA and return ^'libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.8)'.  Thanks Cincom for this suggestion too.

Unfortunately, there is another issue with this version of libcrypto.a -- 0.9.8r-- in that it doesn't have all the functions used by vw7.9.1.  So I'm one step forward, but not there yet.  BTW, the function missing at this point of the debug is HMAC_CTX_copy, which is evidently in version 1.0.0 of libcrypto.a.  Unfortunately this isn't the version we have on all our aix systems.

Maybe this information will help someone else.

Thanks,
Mark