ExternalForm was removed 10 days ago in 60413

ExternalForm was removed 10 days ago in 60413

Aliaksei Syrel
... and was moved to OSWindow-SDL2 as OSSDL2ExternalForm.

If we require external form but don't want to depend on OSWindow what is the right way to go? Do we need to copy OSSDL2ExternalForm with project specific name?

Advice with best practice would be nice :)

Cheers,
Alex

Re: ExternalForm was removed 10 days ago in 60413

EstebanLM
well… it was removed and I put it on OSWindows-SDL2 because it was the only place where it was being used.
We can move it again to a more general place (Like UnifiedFFI… or it’s own).

Esteban

> On 9 Mar 2017, at 11:54, Aliaksei Syrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ... and was moved to OSWindow-SDL2 as OSSDL2ExternalForm.
>
> If we require external form but don't want to depend on OSWindow what is the right way to go? Do we need to copy OSSDL2ExternalForm with project specific name?
>
> Advice with best practice would be nice :)
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: ExternalForm was removed 10 days ago in 60413

Pavel Krivanek-3
It's own please, because it is a subclass of Form and in UnifiedFFI it would make a dependency of FFI on graphics

-- Pavel

well… it was removed and I put it on OSWindows-SDL2 because it was the only place where it was being used.
We can move it again to a more general place (Like UnifiedFFI… or it’s own).

Esteban

> On 9 Mar 2017, at 11:54, Aliaksei Syrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ... and was moved to OSWindow-SDL2 as OSSDL2ExternalForm.
>
> If we require external form but don't want to depend on OSWindow what is the right way to go? Do we need to copy OSSDL2ExternalForm with project specific name?
>
> Advice with best practice would be nice :)
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: ExternalForm was removed 10 days ago in 60413

Aliaksei Syrel
Aha, ok :)
Will copy, thanks!

Cheers,
Alex

On 9 March 2017 at 13:25, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's own please, because it is a subclass of Form and in UnifiedFFI it would make a dependency of FFI on graphics

-- Pavel

well… it was removed and I put it on OSWindows-SDL2 because it was the only place where it was being used.
We can move it again to a more general place (Like UnifiedFFI… or it’s own).

Esteban

> On 9 Mar 2017, at 11:54, Aliaksei Syrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ... and was moved to OSWindow-SDL2 as OSSDL2ExternalForm.
>
> If we require external form but don't want to depend on OSWindow what is the right way to go? Do we need to copy OSSDL2ExternalForm with project specific name?
>
> Advice with best practice would be nice :)
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: ExternalForm was removed 10 days ago in 60413

stepharong
esteban

I have the impression that externalForm should be independent of OSWindows.

stef
On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 12:15:54 +0100, Esteban Lorenzano
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> well… it was removed and I put it on OSWindows-SDL2 because it was the
> only place where it was being used.
> We can move it again to a more general place (Like UnifiedFFI… or it’s
> own).
>
> Esteban
>
>> On 9 Mar 2017, at 11:54, Aliaksei Syrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ... and was moved to OSWindow-SDL2 as OSSDL2ExternalForm.
>>
>> If we require external form but don't want to depend on OSWindow what
>> is the right way to go? Do we need to copy OSSDL2ExternalForm with
>> project specific name?
>>
>> Advice with best practice would be nice :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alex

Re: ExternalForm was removed 10 days ago in 60413

EstebanLM
yes, I will move to his own package

> On 9 Mar 2017, at 18:52, stepharong <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> esteban
>
> I have the impression that externalForm should be independent of OSWindows.
>
> stef
> On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 12:15:54 +0100, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> well… it was removed and I put it on OSWindows-SDL2 because it was the only place where it was being used.
>> We can move it again to a more general place (Like UnifiedFFI… or it’s own).
>>
>> Esteban
>>
>>> On 9 Mar 2017, at 11:54, Aliaksei Syrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> ... and was moved to OSWindow-SDL2 as OSSDL2ExternalForm.
>>>
>>> If we require external form but don't want to depend on OSWindow what is the right way to go? Do we need to copy OSSDL2ExternalForm with project specific name?
>>>
>>> Advice with best practice would be nice :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Alex

Re: ExternalForm was removed 10 days ago in 60413

stepharong
super!