ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

Fernando olivero-2
Hi, i set up the repo here http://www.squeaksource.com/ExternalIconFamily

"This framework allows importing and managing any external icon
family. Once imported , the icon family is reified into the image,
As an example it comes with the Oxygen icon family imported, to load
others see the example named OxygenIconFamilyBuilder.
Subclasses of ExternalIconFamily act as caches for all the forms, that
were requested previously.
To load a form send, ExternalIconFamily>>iconNamed: aString size: aNumber "

Now the integration to UITheme is missing, i will try to have a
working example soon.

Fernando

Re: ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Fernando,

Fernando Olivero wrote:

> Hi, i set up the repo here http://www.squeaksource.com/ExternalIconFamily
>
> "This framework allows importing and managing any external icon
> family. Once imported , the icon family is reified into the image,
> As an example it comes with the Oxygen icon family imported, to load
> others see the example named OxygenIconFamilyBuilder.
> Subclasses of ExternalIconFamily act as caches for all the forms, that
> were requested previously.
> To load a form send, ExternalIconFamily>>iconNamed: aString size: aNumber "
>
> Now the integration to UITheme is missing, i will try to have a
> working example soon.
>
> Fernando

I like it! Just a couple of details: GMIconFamily and GMIcon are
Undeclared in PharoCore-1.2-12146. And a few methods use underscores in
the selector... Cuis supports it,
 but I prefer having the preference off by default. I think underscores
in identifiers should only be used when there are very strong reasons.
And I don't see them here. Could you consider removing them?

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

Fernando olivero-2
Oh, GMIcon are the main users of the framework in Gaucho. I will
remove the dependencies.
Probably the underscores are related to some imported icon names, i
will remove them also.
Will announce it to the list when i committed the new version.
Thanks !
Fernando

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Fernando,
>
> Fernando Olivero wrote:
>> Hi, i set up the repo here http://www.squeaksource.com/ExternalIconFamily
>>
>> "This framework allows importing and managing any external icon
>> family. Once imported , the icon family is reified into the image,
>> As an example it comes with the Oxygen icon family imported, to load
>> others see the example named OxygenIconFamilyBuilder.
>> Subclasses of ExternalIconFamily act as caches for all the forms, that
>> were requested previously.
>> To load a form send, ExternalIconFamily>>iconNamed: aString size: aNumber "
>>
>> Now the integration to UITheme is missing, i will try to have a
>> working example soon.
>>
>> Fernando
>>

> I like it! Just a couple of details: GMIconFamily and GMIcon are
> Undeclared in PharoCore-1.2-12146. And a few methods use underscores in
> the selector... Cuis supports it,
>  but I prefer having the preference off by default. I think underscores
> in identifiers should only be used when there are very strong reasons.
> And I don't see them here. Could you consider removing them?
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Re: ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

Fernando olivero-2
DONE! please take a look at the new description.

This framework allows importing and managing any external icon family.
Once imported , the icon family is reified into the image,
ExternalIconFamilyOxygen. As an example it comes with the Oxygen icon
family imported, to load others see the example named
OxygenIconFamilyBuilder.
Subclasses of ExternalIconFamily act as caches for all the forms, that
were requested previously.
To load a form send
ExternalIconFamily>>iconNamed: aString size: aNumber
AlphaImageMorph named: 'document_save' size: 32 family: 'oxygen'.

For looking at all the icons provided by an imported family
ExternalIconFamilyOxygen allIconsExample

The external file directory, from where to import the files should
have all the desired icons, categorized by sizes in directories named
16x16, 32x32, 64x64, etc...

Every icon family builder responds iconsSpecs, which is the
specification of all the icons to import.
IconsFamilyBuilder>>iconsSpecs is automatically created with the
contents of all the icons in the external folder. But this can be
overridden in any subclass, for loading any subset of all the
available icons. ( See ExternalIconSpec class).
The importer creates valid selectors from the icon file names, and
later creates aliases. For example, "AlphaImageMorph named:
'document_save' size: 32 family: 'oxygen'", the icon contents are
retrieved using a automatically defined alias, so you can the original
file names

To load evaluate in Pharo
Gofer it
squeaksource: 'ExternalIconFamily';
package: 'ExternalIconFamily';
load.

Fernando

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Fernando Olivero
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh, GMIcon are the main users of the framework in Gaucho. I will
> remove the dependencies.
> Probably the underscores are related to some imported icon names, i
> will remove them also.
> Will announce it to the list when i committed the new version.
> Thanks !
> Fernando
>
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Fernando,
>>
>> Fernando Olivero wrote:
>>> Hi, i set up the repo here http://www.squeaksource.com/ExternalIconFamily
>>>
>>> "This framework allows importing and managing any external icon
>>> family. Once imported , the icon family is reified into the image,
>>> As an example it comes with the Oxygen icon family imported, to load
>>> others see the example named OxygenIconFamilyBuilder.
>>> Subclasses of ExternalIconFamily act as caches for all the forms, that
>>> were requested previously.
>>> To load a form send, ExternalIconFamily>>iconNamed: aString size: aNumber "
>>>
>>> Now the integration to UITheme is missing, i will try to have a
>>> working example soon.
>>>
>>> Fernando
>>>

>> I like it! Just a couple of details: GMIconFamily and GMIcon are
>> Undeclared in PharoCore-1.2-12146. And a few methods use underscores in
>> the selector... Cuis supports it,
>>  but I prefer having the preference off by default. I think underscores
>> in identifiers should only be used when there are very strong reasons.
>> And I don't see them here. Could you consider removing them?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Juan Vuletich

Re: ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

Fernando olivero-2
after loading just evaluate:

          ExternalIconFamilyOxygen allIconsExample

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Fernando Olivero
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> DONE! please take a look at the new description.
>

> This framework allows importing and managing any external icon family.
> Once imported , the icon family is reified into the image,
> ExternalIconFamilyOxygen. As an example it comes with the Oxygen icon
> family imported, to load others see the example named
> OxygenIconFamilyBuilder.
> Subclasses of ExternalIconFamily act as caches for all the forms, that
> were requested previously.
> To load a form send
> ExternalIconFamily>>iconNamed: aString size: aNumber
> AlphaImageMorph named: 'document_save' size: 32 family: 'oxygen'.
>
> For looking at all the icons provided by an imported family
> ExternalIconFamilyOxygen allIconsExample
>
> The external file directory, from where to import the files should
> have all the desired icons, categorized by sizes in directories named
> 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, etc...
>
> Every icon family builder responds iconsSpecs, which is the
> specification of all the icons to import.
> IconsFamilyBuilder>>iconsSpecs is automatically created with the
> contents of all the icons in the external folder. But this can be
> overridden in any subclass, for loading any subset of all the
> available icons. ( See ExternalIconSpec class).
> The importer creates valid selectors from the icon file names, and
> later creates aliases. For example, "AlphaImageMorph named:
> 'document_save' size: 32 family: 'oxygen'", the icon contents are
> retrieved using a automatically defined alias, so you can the original
> file names
>
> To load evaluate in Pharo
> Gofer it
> squeaksource: 'ExternalIconFamily';
> package: 'ExternalIconFamily';
> load.
>

> Fernando
>
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Fernando Olivero
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Oh, GMIcon are the main users of the framework in Gaucho. I will
>> remove the dependencies.
>> Probably the underscores are related to some imported icon names, i
>> will remove them also.
>> Will announce it to the list when i committed the new version.
>> Thanks !
>> Fernando
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Fernando,

>>> I like it! Just a couple of details: GMIconFamily and GMIcon are
>>> Undeclared in PharoCore-1.2-12146. And a few methods use underscores in
>>> the selector... Cuis supports it,
>>>  but I prefer having the preference off by default. I think underscores
>>> in identifiers should only be used when there are very strong reasons.
>>> And I don't see them here. Could you consider removing them?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Juan Vuletich

Re: ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

Fernando olivero-2
to whoever is interested, please wait till trying out the examples,
because monticello is taking forever to update the repo.
I'll will announce as soon as it finished.
Fernando

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Fernando Olivero
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> after loading just evaluate:
>
>          ExternalIconFamilyOxygen allIconsExample
>
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Fernando Olivero
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> DONE! please take a look at the new description.
>>

>> This framework allows importing and managing any external icon family.
>> Once imported , the icon family is reified into the image,
>> ExternalIconFamilyOxygen. As an example it comes with the Oxygen icon
>> family imported, to load others see the example named
>> OxygenIconFamilyBuilder.
>> Subclasses of ExternalIconFamily act as caches for all the forms, that
>> were requested previously.
>> To load a form send
>> ExternalIconFamily>>iconNamed: aString size: aNumber
>> AlphaImageMorph named: 'document_save' size: 32 family: 'oxygen'.
>>
>> For looking at all the icons provided by an imported family
>> ExternalIconFamilyOxygen allIconsExample
>>
>> The external file directory, from where to import the files should
>> have all the desired icons, categorized by sizes in directories named
>> 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, etc...
>>
>> Every icon family builder responds iconsSpecs, which is the
>> specification of all the icons to import.
>> IconsFamilyBuilder>>iconsSpecs is automatically created with the
>> contents of all the icons in the external folder. But this can be
>> overridden in any subclass, for loading any subset of all the
>> available icons. ( See ExternalIconSpec class).
>> The importer creates valid selectors from the icon file names, and
>> later creates aliases. For example, "AlphaImageMorph named:
>> 'document_save' size: 32 family: 'oxygen'", the icon contents are
>> retrieved using a automatically defined alias, so you can the original
>> file names
>>
>> To load evaluate in Pharo
>> Gofer it
>> squeaksource: 'ExternalIconFamily';
>> package: 'ExternalIconFamily';
>> load.
>>

>> Fernando
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Fernando Olivero
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Oh, GMIcon are the main users of the framework in Gaucho. I will
>>> remove the dependencies.
>>> Probably the underscores are related to some imported icon names, i
>>> will remove them also.
>>> Will announce it to the list when i committed the new version.
>>> Thanks !
>>> Fernando

Re: ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

> after loading just evaluate:
>
>          ExternalIconFamilyOxygen allIconsExample

I did not get ExternalIconFamilyOxygen this class once I loaded the package.

Stef