ExternalLibrary invalidCall

Steve Alan Waring
Hi,

I am seeing this walkback with an invalid ExternalMethod.

5:42:45 PM, Sunday, 26 May 2002: 'Index 6 is out of bounds'
Array(Object)>>errorSubscriptBounds:
Array(Object)>>errorAt:
Array(ArrayedCollection)>>at:
UserLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>invalidCall

The failure code was 21 but the argumentCount for the method is only 5. Does
a failure code greater than the number of arguments have any meaning?

Thanks,
Steve
[hidden email]
http://www.dolphinharbor.org

Re: ExternalLibrary invalidCall

Blair McGlashan
Steve

"Steve Waring" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:acs2r9$rl21f$[hidden email]...

> Hi,
>
> I am seeing this walkback with an invalid ExternalMethod.
>
> 5:42:45 PM, Sunday, 26 May 2002: 'Index 6 is out of bounds'
> Array(Object)>>errorSubscriptBounds:
> Array(Object)>>errorAt:
> Array(ArrayedCollection)>>at:
> UserLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>invalidCall
>
> The failure code was 21 but the argumentCount for the method is only 5.
Does
> a failure code greater than the number of arguments have any meaning?

The first 16 failure codes (0..15) are reserved for errors other than
invalid arguments, therefore the offending argument number should be offset
by 15. The fact that you are getting an error reported for a non-existent
argument 6 would suggest a bug in the call primitive. If you could send me
the pertinent library method definition and a script to call it (an SUnit
would be best of course :-)) I will look into it.

Thanks

Blair