Extracting MP3 metadata

sergio_101
One of the projects I am working on requires the reading of mp3 metadata. I see this is covered all over the place in different languages, but I don’t see one for Pharo/Smalltalk. Does anyone know off hand of something like this?

Would it be worthwhile to do something like this in Smalltalk, or would it be a better idea to find and executable somewhere, run it, and parse the data there?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Public Key: https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x69B08F58923AB3A2
#BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
https://sergio101.com
http://www.codeandmusic.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: Extracting MP3 metadata

VERHAEGHE Benoit
Hello,

To read mp3 metadata you should rely on an id3 parser (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3).

You can also use the libvlc binding (https://github.com/badetitou/Pharo-LibVLC).
I know we can use it to get the metadata, most of the code is already written normally, but I did not achieve to make it works (I should spend some time on it soon).

Benoît

--
Benoît Verhaeghe
badetitou.github.io