F1 Spoilers [was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info]

F1 Spoilers [was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info]

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Edgar,

    please, don't post F1 results to the Squeak list.  I watch F1 on torrents (F1 coverage is bad in the US) and I'm currently downloading the qualifying torrent for the BBC coverage.  My torrent site is very careful to avoid posting any results.   If you post results to the Squeak lists you ruin my later enjoyment.

thanks!  And looking forward to a great race tomorrow, and a great season to come.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 3/13/10 9:06 AM, "Igor Stasenko" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>so, you taking your words back? Not very good move, as for a potential
>board member. Fight. :)

No point.  If the majority thinks we no need changes , I follow .
If / When I have a seat vote against and lose 6 to 1

> Also there are no tactics
Ja. Why you think Mercedes hired Ross Braun?

Red Bull car wins qualify, Vettel is very good driver.
Ferrari is in good shape and Schummy start the comeback rusty but in next
races sure improves.

Edgar

Re: F1 Spoilers [was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info]

garduino
Another car/bikes/planes fan here!

Ey Igor, F1 currently (and from years) is a very very tactic driven
sport, in some point is more an engineers race than a drivers race.

Germán.

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software & Web Hosting   http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Another car/bikes/planes fan here!

Ey Igor, F1 currently (and from years) is a very very tactic driven
sport, in some point is more an engineers race than a drivers race.

Look at today's qualifying with Button and Hamilton in exactly the same machinery with Hamilton 4th and Button 8th, and last year Button won the world championship.  It /is/ an engineer's race more than a driver's race.  It has ever been so.  A bad driver can't win, but a good driver in a bad car can't win either.  But what would you rather watch, F1 or Indycar?  Really glad F1 has got rid of push-to-pass, and pit-to-pass refuelling.  Here's to a great season.

What's your top three for the championship?
Mine: 1. Hamilton, 2. Vettel, 3. Rosberg :)

Germán.

2010/3/13 Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Edgar,
>     please, don't post F1 results to the Squeak list.  I watch F1 on
> torrents (F1 coverage is bad in the US) and I'm currently downloading the
> qualifying torrent for the BBC coverage.  My torrent site is very careful to
> avoid posting any results.   If you post results to the Squeak lists you
> ruin my later enjoyment.
> thanks!  And looking forward to a great race tomorrow, and a great season to
> come.
>
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>

>> On 3/13/10 9:06 AM, "Igor Stasenko" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >so, you taking your words back? Not very good move, as for a potential
>> >board member. Fight. :)
>>
>> No point.  If the majority thinks we no need changes , I follow .
>> If / When I have a seat vote against and lose 6 to 1
>>
>> > Also there are no tactics
>> Ja. Why you think Mercedes hired Ross Braun?
>>
>> Red Bull car wins qualify, Vettel is very good driver.
>> Ferrari is in good shape and Schummy start the comeback rusty but in next
>> races sure improves.
>>
>> Edgar

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software & Web Hosting   http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com

Re: F1 Spoilers [was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info]

Edgar De Cleene

On 3/13/10 11:10 PM, "Eliot Miranda" <[hidden email]> wrote:

What's your top three for the championship?
Mine: 1. Hamilton, 2. Vettel, 3. Rosberg :)

>From logic
1 Alonso , 2 Vettel , 3 Hamilton
>From heart
1 Shummy 2 Button 3 Alonso

Edgar

Re: F1 Spoilers [was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info]

garduino
2010/3/13 Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>:

> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Another car/bikes/planes fan here!
>>
>> Ey Igor, F1 currently (and from years) is a very very tactic driven
>> sport, in some point is more an engineers race than a drivers race.
>
> Look at today's qualifying with Button and Hamilton in exactly the same
> machinery with Hamilton 4th and Button 8th, and last year Button won the
> world championship.  It /is/ an engineer's race more than a driver's race.
>  It has ever been so.  A bad driver can't win, but a good driver in a bad
> car can't win either.

Yes, exactly.

> But what would you rather watch, F1 or Indycar?

I like almost any sort of category, for example I like a lot also the
DTM to mention tourism cars and also the bikes of Continental
Cricus, the Man Island race and some argentinian categories ,but the
thing that I ilke more in the last years is this:

http://www.redbullairrace.com/

>  Really glad F1 has got rid of push-to-pass, and pit-to-pass refuelling.
>  Here's to a great season.
> What's your top three for the championship?
> Mine: 1. Hamilton, 2. Vettel, 3. Rosberg :)

Mine is: 1. Alonso  2. Hamilton  3. Vettel.

Writing this on the one of tonsssssss of break that Fox make to the
transmision to show stupid publicity!!!

Cheers.

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
2010/3/13 Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>:

> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Another car/bikes/planes fan here!
>>
>> Ey Igor, F1 currently (and from years) is a very very tactic driven
>> sport, in some point is more an engineers race than a drivers race.
>
> Look at today's qualifying with Button and Hamilton in exactly the same
> machinery with Hamilton 4th and Button 8th, and last year Button won the
> world championship.  It /is/ an engineer's race more than a driver's race.
>  It has ever been so.  A bad driver can't win, but a good driver in a bad
> car can't win either.

Yes, exactly.

> But what would you rather watch, F1 or Indycar?

I like almost any sort of category, for example I like a lot also the
DTM to mention tourism cars and also the bikes of Continental
Cricus, the Man Island race and some argentinian categories ,but the
thing that I ilke more in the last years is this:

http://www.redbullairrace.com/

>  Really glad F1 has got rid of push-to-pass, and pit-to-pass refuelling.
>  Here's to a great season.
> What's your top three for the championship?
> Mine: 1. Hamilton, 2. Vettel, 3. Rosberg :)

Mine is: 1. Alonso  2. Hamilton  3. Vettel.

Writing this on the one of tonsssssss of break that Fox make to the
transmision to show stupid publicity!!!

For that reason I watch the BBC's broadcast as a torrent.  The site is http://www.racing-underground.com/.  It's invitation only and limited invitations so I can't invite right now but I'm sure I can find someone who has invites.  It might take 3 to 5 hours to download the torrent but having something with no commercials that I can pause and rewind is well worth the wait.

Cheers.

2010/3/14 Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>:

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> 2010/3/13 Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>:

>> > Look at today's qualifying with Button and Hamilton in exactly the same
>> > machinery with Hamilton 4th and Button 8th, and last year Button won the
>> > world championship.  It /is/ an engineer's race more than a driver's
>> > race.
>> >  It has ever been so.  A bad driver can't win, but a good driver in a
>> > bad
>> > car can't win either.
>>
>> Yes, exactly.
>>

>> > But what would you rather watch, F1 or Indycar?
>>
>> I like almost any sort of category, for example I like a lot also the
>> DTM to mention tourism cars and also the bikes of Continental
>> Cricus, the Man Island race and some argentinian categories ,but the
>> thing that I ilke more in the last years is this:
>>
>> http://www.redbullairrace.com/
>>

>> >  Really glad F1 has got rid of push-to-pass, and pit-to-pass refuelling.
>> >  Here's to a great season.
>> > What's your top three for the championship?
>> > Mine: 1. Hamilton, 2. Vettel, 3. Rosberg :)
>>
>> Mine is: 1. Alonso  2. Hamilton  3. Vettel.
>>
>> Writing this on the one of tonsssssss of break that Fox make to the
>> transmision to show stupid publicity!!!
>
> For that reason I watch the BBC's broadcast as a torrent.  The site is
> http://www.racing-underground.com/.  It's invitation only and limited
> invitations so I can't invite right now but I'm sure I can find someone who
> has invites.  It might take 3 to 5 hours to download the torrent but having
> something with no commercials that I can pause and rewind is well worth the
> wait.
>>
>> Cheers.

wow! Thanks! Thanks!.