FAME & Magritte

Ben Coman

What is the current status of FAMIX versus and/or integration with
Magritte - as previously discussed at [2] & [3].

 From Magritte I like the look of auto-UI-dialogs and
from FAME/FM3 I like the look of bidirectional associations and defining
the "opposite" of a relationship.
(I actually haven't used either yet - I'm about to dive in)

Also, how do the two compare regarding code generation.  Both say they
like to avoid code generation but some examples [1] for FAME indicate
that it does do code generation.

cheers, Ben

[1] http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/famix/extendingFamix
[2] http://forum.world.st/Re-Pharo-project-Fame-vs-Magritte-td2705329.html
[3] http://www.iam.unibe.ch/pipermail/moose-dev/2010-September/005748.html

Re: FAME & Magritte

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Perhaps Metanool can help. Metanool is a simple tool that was made for handling dynamic annotations:
- on the one hand, it extends Fame with an annotation (special property)
- on the other hand, it provides a translation mechanism from Fame descriptions to Magritte descriptions such that we can edit the Fame annotations with Magritte forms.

For an example of how the translation works, look at MTLMetaDescriptionAsMagritteTest.

For an example, of seeing the UI in action, see:
http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/moose-demo-manipulating-custom-annotations

You can find Metanool in the latest Moose image.

Cheers,
Doru

On 27 Jan 2012, at 13:55, Ben Coman wrote:

> What is the current status of FAMIX versus and/or integration with Magritte - as previously discussed at [2] & [3].
>
> From Magritte I like the look of auto-UI-dialogs and
> from FAME/FM3 I like the look of bidirectional associations and defining the "opposite" of a relationship.
> (I actually haven't used either yet - I'm about to dive in)
>
> Also, how do the two compare regarding code generation.  Both say they like to avoid code generation but some examples [1] for FAME indicate that it does do code generation.
>
> cheers, Ben
>
> [1] http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/famix/extendingFamix
> [2] http://forum.world.st/Re-Pharo-project-Fame-vs-Magritte-td2705329.html
> [3] http://www.iam.unibe.ch/pipermail/moose-dev/2010-September/005748.html

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."