FAME: support for multiple inheritance?

Alex Schenkman
Hello list:

Does FAME supports mutltiple inheritance?
I guess the answer is NO, but I thought I would ask to be sure.

The scenario is a description language that today is implemented as 4 UML profiles, on top of each other.
This profiles are then realized with Eclipse EMF (ecore), and Java.
Quite a heavy framework for prototyping, =)

I'm evaluating the possibility of replacing this stack with FAME.

Thanks in advance!

Re: FAME: support for multiple inheritance?

Stéphane Ducasse
> Hello list:
>
> Does FAME supports mutltiple inheritance?
> I guess the answer is NO, but I thought I would ask to be sure.

You mean for describing or for generating code?
FAME is really simple so may be this is still worth to extend it :)

> The scenario is a description language that today is implemented as 4 UML
> profiles, on top of each other.
> This profiles are then realized with Eclipse EMF (ecore), and Java.
> Quite a heavy framework for prototyping, =)

Oh yes.

> I'm evaluating the possibility of replacing this stack with FAME.

May be you could extend FAME and see if you cannot generate traits.

> Thanks in advance!

Re: FAME: support for multiple inheritance?

Alex Schenkman
Is there any documentation on how to use traits?

<quote author="Stéphane Ducasse">
> Hello list:
>
> Does FAME supports mutltiple inheritance?
> I guess the answer is NO, but I thought I would ask to be sure.

You mean for describing or for generating code?
Describing.

FAME is really simple so may be this is still worth to extend it :)

> The scenario is a description language that today is implemented as 4 UML
> profiles, on top of each other.
> This profiles are then realized with Eclipse EMF (ecore), and Java.
> Quite a heavy framework for prototyping, =)

Oh yes.

> I'm evaluating the possibility of replacing this stack with FAME.

May be you could extend FAME and see if you cannot generate traits.

Re: FAME: support for multiple inheritance?

Mariano Martinez Peck