FAMIX.Invocation Help

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Hi all,
I have a doubt regarding 'FAMIX.Invocation's.

Suppose I've this line of Java code:

> startActivity(new Intent(this, ActivityTwo.class));

When I generate the mse (using VerveineJ) this result in a FAMIX.Invocation such as

> (FAMIX.Invocation (id: 8005)
> (candidates (ref: 9100))
> (previous (ref: 3174))
> (receiver (ref: 2547))
> (sender (ref: 7328))
> (signature 'startActivity(Intent)'))

The 'new Intent(…)' instead results in a FAMIX.Invocation such as

> (FAMIX.Invocation (id: 8291)
> (candidates (ref: 753))
> (sender (ref: 430))
> (signature 'Intent(Context,Class<?>)'))

I need to extract the 'ActivityTwo.class' argument. Is there a way to get it?

Thanks in advance for any sort of help.

Cheers,
RM

Re: FAMIX.Invocation Help

Nicolas Anquetil
On 20/03/12 14:36, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a doubt regarding 'FAMIX.Invocation's.
>
> Suppose I've this line of Java code:
>
>> startActivity(new Intent(this, ActivityTwo.class));
>
> When I generate the mse (using VerveineJ) this result in a FAMIX.Invocation such as
>
>> (FAMIX.Invocation (id: 8005)
>> (candidates (ref: 9100))
>> (previous (ref: 3174))
>> (receiver (ref: 2547))
>> (sender (ref: 7328))
>> (signature 'startActivity(Intent)'))
> The 'new Intent(…)' instead results in a FAMIX.Invocation such as
>
>> (FAMIX.Invocation (id: 8291)
>> (candidates (ref: 753))
>> (sender (ref: 430))
>> (signature 'Intent(Context,Class<?>)'))
>
> I need to extract the 'ActivityTwo.class' argument. Is there a way to get it?
not really
In this case you should have a reference to ActivityTwo somewhere, not
much more.

famix does not record actual arguments of invocations.

I don't see any easy way around it.
May be using the filelocation to get the line of source code and then
"reparse" this line to get the missing data ?

nicolas

Re: FAMIX.Invocation Help

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
That's a pain. Anyway thanks for the answer.
I was getting crazy trying to find out where arguments were stored.

I'll probably try your solution.

Thanks again.

RM

On Mar 20, 2012, at 2:46 PM, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

> On 20/03/12 14:36, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have a doubt regarding 'FAMIX.Invocation's.
>>
>> Suppose I've this line of Java code:
>>
>>> startActivity(new Intent(this, ActivityTwo.class));
>>
>> When I generate the mse (using VerveineJ) this result in a FAMIX.Invocation such as
>>
>>> (FAMIX.Invocation (id: 8005)
>>> (candidates (ref: 9100))
>>> (previous (ref: 3174))
>>> (receiver (ref: 2547))
>>> (sender (ref: 7328))
>>> (signature 'startActivity(Intent)'))
>> The 'new Intent(…)' instead results in a FAMIX.Invocation such as
>>
>>> (FAMIX.Invocation (id: 8291)
>>> (candidates (ref: 753))