FAMIXAnnotationInstance as a subtype of FAMIXAssociation

FAMIXAnnotationInstance as a subtype of FAMIXAssociation

Blondeau Vincent

Hi,

I am currently using FamixDiff to compute changes between two Java models. But, the FAMIXAnnotationInstance are not computed in the diff and I would like to add them.

As FAMIXAnnotationInstance is a link between a FAMIXNamedEntity and a FAMIXAnnotationType, it seems that its role is to associate both concepts. Moreover, like the other associations, FAMIXAnnotationInstance entities can only be added  or removed but not renamed or moved.

Do you agree that FAMIXAnnotationInstance can be a subclass of Association?

That way, it belongs to the outgoings associations of the method and incomings associations of the annotation type and simplify the computing for the diff.

If no one is against, I will commit the changes tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Vincent

!!!*************************************************************************************
"Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.!!!"

Re: FAMIXAnnotationInstance as a subtype of FAMIXAssociation

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

FAMIXAnnotationInstance is a structural definition, not an association. And it can even be the source of associations (such as a reference or an access).

So, we cannot make it an association.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Dec 5, 2016, at 6:36 PM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using FamixDiff to compute changes between two Java models. But, the FAMIXAnnotationInstance are not computed in the diff and I would like to add them.
>
> As FAMIXAnnotationInstance is a link between a FAMIXNamedEntity and a FAMIXAnnotationType, it seems that its role is to associate both concepts. Moreover, like the other associations, FAMIXAnnotationInstance entities can only be added  or removed but not renamed or moved.
>
> Do you agree that FAMIXAnnotationInstance can be a subclass of Association?
> That way, it belongs to the outgoings associations of the method and incomings associations of the annotation type and simplify the computing for the diff.
>
> If no one is against, I will commit the changes tomorrow.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Cheers,
> Vincent
>

> !!!*************************************************************************************
> "Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.
>
> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.!!!"

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Every thing has its own flow."

Re: FAMIXAnnotationInstance as a subtype of FAMIXAssociation

Blondeau Vincent
Hi,

Ok.

Consequently, if it is the source of associations, it should use TDependencyQueries and TNamedEntityMetaLevelDependency (because some methods are used in  TDependencyQueries >> queryLocal:with:), shouldn't it ?

Vincent