FAMIXPetitSQLIslandTests class

Fabrizio Perin-3
Hello,
I was checking on FAMIXSQL and there is this test class that fails
becuase it depends on the PetitSQLIslandParser package. I think this
class is not belong here. Can we move it into a  PetitSQLIslandParser
package?

Thanks and cheers,
Fabrizio

Re: FAMIXPetitSQLIslandTests class

Anne Etien
Hello,

Normally, I just moved this test class. Please let me know if there is still something wrong.
Sorry for the inconvenient.

Cheers,
Anne
Le 28 juil. 2015 à 11:47, Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
> I was checking on FAMIXSQL and there is this test class that fails
> becuase it depends on the PetitSQLIslandParser package. I think this
> class is not belong here. Can we move it into a  PetitSQLIslandParser
> package?
>
> Thanks and cheers,
> Fabrizio

Re: FAMIXPetitSQLIslandTests class

Fabrizio Perin-3
Hello Anne,
thanks a lot and no problem. I actually tried to move the class myself
but I was not sure were to put it. I will further refactor FAMIX SQL
in the next days. So, I will let you know if I spot something else.

Thanks again and cheers,
Fabrizio

> Hello,
>
> Normally, I just moved this test class. Please let me know if there is still something wrong.
> Sorry for the inconvenient.
>
> Cheers,
> Anne
> Le 28 juil. 2015 à 11:47, Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hello,
>> I was checking on FAMIXSQL and there is this test class that fails
>> becuase it depends on the PetitSQLIslandParser package. I think this
>> class is not belong here. Can we move it into a  PetitSQLIslandParser
>> package?
>>
>> Thanks and cheers,
>> Fabrizio

Re: FAMIXPetitSQLIslandTests class

Anne Etien
Hello Fabrizio,

With Olivier, we are currently working on FAMIXSQL (parser and analysis of relationship between tables, views and functions).
For example, we organize differently the classes, we added new classes to manage PGSQL functions and the relations between them. So please don’t modify (or destroy) what we have done ;o) We will be both on holidays during the next 3 weeks. So if you get questions until there, please be patient!
Thanks a lot.

Anne
Le 28 juil. 2015 à 13:32, Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello Anne,
> thanks a lot and no problem. I actually tried to move the class myself
> but I was not sure were to put it. I will further refactor FAMIX SQL
> in the next days. So, I will let you know if I spot something else.
>
> Thanks again and cheers,
> Fabrizio

>> Hello,
>>
>> Normally, I just moved this test class. Please let me know if there is still something wrong.
>> Sorry for the inconvenient.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Anne
>> Le 28 juil. 2015 à 11:47, Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I was checking on FAMIXSQL and there is this test class that fails
>>> becuase it depends on the PetitSQLIslandParser package. I think this
>>> class is not belong here. Can we move it into a  PetitSQLIslandParser
>>> package?
>>>
>>> Thanks and cheers,
>>> Fabrizio

Re: FAMIXPetitSQLIslandTests class

Fabrizio Perin-3
Hello Anne,
don't worry, no plans to destroy what you have done :) I'm just a bit
unsure about the FK association. It is an association indeed but it is
primarily a table constraint, I was thinking what is the best way to
make it so.

Anyway, enjoy your holidays we can talk when you are back.

Cheers,
Fabrizio

> Hello Fabrizio,
>
> With Olivier, we are currently working on FAMIXSQL (parser and analysis of relationship between tables, views and functions).
> For example, we organize differently the classes, we added new classes to manage PGSQL functions and the relations between them. So please don’t modify (or destroy) what we have done ;o) We will be both on holidays during the next 3 weeks. So if you get questions until there, please be patient!
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Anne
> Le 28 juil. 2015 à 13:32, Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hello Anne,
>> thanks a lot and no problem. I actually tried to move the class myself
>> but I was not sure were to put it. I will further refactor FAMIX SQL
>> in the next days. So, I will let you know if I spot something else.
>>
>> Thanks again and cheers,
>> Fabrizio

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Normally, I just moved this test class. Please let me know if there is still something wrong.
>>> Sorry for the inconvenient.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Anne

Re: FAMIXPetitSQLIslandTests class

Anne Etien
Hello Fabrizio,

The main idea of the project we are working on with Olivier is to help him in the evolution of the schema of his huge database (the database of the lab counting more than 70 tables and views, around 40 functions). For this purpose, we need first to know the relationship between the different entities. Like this, we can study the impact of an evolution on the remainder of the existing schema. My plan is to help in the semi-automation of the impact evolution. The FK association has been designing like this in order to highlight the relationship between the tables. I am currently not sure if it should be a subclass of ColumnToColumnAssociation. I know that in SQL, FK are coded as constraint, but we mostly don’t care of constraint in our project (except if it refers another column or function). It is a designing choice.
So it is true that it has been driven by the purpose of our project, but it is perhaps not the best way to do it.

Cheers,
Anne