FFI in closure image/modifying block arguments

FFI in closure image/modifying block arguments

Torsten Bergmann
FYI: with the new closure changes/image (Pharo0.1Core-10268cl.zip from [1])
it is not possible to store into block arguments:

  1 to: 10 do: [:i | i := i + 1. Transcript show: i printString ]

That makes the current version of FFI unloadable, due to
the code in  ExternalTypeClass>>initializeAtomicTypes

Bye
T.

[1] https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

Re: FFI in closure image/modifying block arguments

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI: with the new closure changes/image (Pharo0.1Core-10268cl.zip from [1])
it is not possible to store into block arguments:

 1 to: 10 do: [:i | i := i + 1. Transcript show: i printString ]

That makes the current version of FFI unloadable, due to
the code in  ExternalTypeClass>>initializeAtomicTypes

Yes. It's true. I have the same situation here. I am trying FFI-Kernel-ar.8.