FFI

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Is anybody using FFI in either 1.2 or 1.3? If so, how did you get it working?

I got an "Unable to find function address" after:
1. Fresh 1.3 #13269 image
2. ConfigurationOfFFI from MetacelloRepository
3. ConfigurationOfFFI project latestVersion load
4. MacOSShell new system: 'open "http://google.com"'

Thanks.
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: FFI

Igor Stasenko
On 25 August 2011 17:55, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is anybody using FFI in either 1.2 or 1.3? If so, how did you get it working?
>
> I got an "Unable to find function address" after:
> 1. Fresh 1.3 #13269 image
> 2. ConfigurationOfFFI from MetacelloRepository
> 3. ConfigurationOfFFI project latestVersion load
> 4. MacOSShell new system: 'open "http://google.com"'

It is largely depends from what VM are you using.
The language side implementation had no problems for years..
Try with latest VMs on Jenkins server (which is down now unfortunately ;) ).
It should work there.

> Thanks.
> Sean

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: FFI

Mariano Martinez Peck
The tests/examples that come with FFI have never worked for me in almost any OS. The are just outdated/broken.
Unfortunatly the only way I can test if FFI works is with a real library (in my case I test it with OpenDBX).

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is anybody using FFI in either 1.2 or 1.3? If so, how did you get it working?

I got an "Unable to find function address" after:
1. Fresh 1.3 #13269 image
2. ConfigurationOfFFI from MetacelloRepository
3. ConfigurationOfFFI project latestVersion load
4. MacOSShell new system: 'open "http://google.com"'

Thanks.
Sean

Mariano