FFI with 15+ args and Smallapack in Pharo

FFI with 15+ args and Smallapack in Pharo

Nicolas Cellier
So, even if Bill did not help me a lot, and even if it does not help
him neither, I finally did it.
you can now test FFI calls with many arguments in latest Pharo 1.2 12172
The package is at
http://www.squeaksource.com/Smallapack/Compiler-nicePharo12.245.mcz

This also give anybody a chance to load Smallapack packages - if
interested in debugging at machine code level ;)

Nicolas

Name: Compiler-nicePharo12.245
Author: nice
Time: 7 October 2010, 12:39:29 am
UUID: 9f3a6b0f-f25f-4510-b373-4dc99f39f3f6
Ancestors: Compiler-MarcusDenker.244

A version of Compiler with support for methods with many arguments
including external FFI calls - For inclusion in Pharo 1.2

Re: FFI with 15+ args and Smallapack in Pharo

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Nicolas,

Did I not get any help?  Sadly, there was so much bickering that it was hard to tell.  I think yours was the reply that I had in mind to revisit.  What I will do now, absent unforeseen time pressure, is put the offending calls on hold until 1.2 and then add them to the package.  Another one that I don't think I've mentioned here is color mapping to create pseudo colored images.  That will need some C support to run at decent speed, at least for what I have in mind.

Thanks!!

Bill