FLOSS Weekly Proposal

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list!

I was talking to my friend Juan Miguel Mora, former Django and Seaside user who's recently started using Iliad, and we agree it's a bit surprising the framework is not more widely used, taking in account how easier it is to build apps with it compared to most other server-side frameworks.

Thinking of ways to promote the framework, he thought it'd be a good idea if someone was interviewed by Randall Schwartz in FLOSSWeekly. Considering he is an avid smalltalker, I think he wouldn't have any objection.

Is anyone interested? Here's what we have to do to suggest an interview:

[[[ Have a suggestion for FLOSS Weekly (http://twit.tv/floss)? Have the person to be interviewed (usually the project lead) email [hidden email] (note, that's email, not facebook chat, twitter, or post-it notes. PLEASE DON'T JUST SUGGEST A PROJECT, unless you want it to be pushed down indefinitely! ]]]

It's just a suggestion, but lots of people listen to these podcasts and it could be a good way to promote Iliad :)

Cheers,

Bernat.

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: FLOSS Weekly Proposal

Nicolas Petton

Hi Bernat,

That would be indeed very nice. Unfortunately I don't have myself much
time for Iliad currently. Bernat, maybe *you* would like to do it? ;-)

Cheers,
Nico

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: FLOSS Weekly Proposal

Bernat Romagosa
Hi!

I guess I could, but maybe it'd be better if someone else with a more direct implication to the project stepped up, because I've contributed really little to Iliad, I'm just a user!

Also, depending on what questions Randall asks, I'm not gonna know what to answer, really. I'm no expert at all, and I guess Randall is going to ask about implementation details I'm not able to explain...

Is someone else interested? Otherwise I guess I'll volunteer, but I think I'd really be better if it was someone with a better inner knowledge of Iliad's codebase, and a better understanding of the web in general.

Cheers!

Bernat.

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: FLOSS Weekly Proposal

sebastianconcept
you already have the blessing of the pope Bernat!

go for it

tell us your field adventures with Illiad

looking forward to hear that program

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: FLOSS Weekly Proposal

Darius Clarke
Randal attended a meetup group early in the year where I presented Amber. He was very impressed. Maybe Nico could be interviewed about Amber and could mention Iliad as well.
I regularly listen to FLOSSWeekly too.

Nico?

- Darius
____

2012/12/11 Nicolas Petton <<a href="javascript:_e({}, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;petton.nicolas@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">petton.nicolas@...>

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [amber-lang] Re: [Iliad] FLOSS Weekly Proposal

Nicolas Petton

Hi Darius,
Well why not, it could be neat. And thanks for presenting Amber to
Randal ;)

Nico

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

 As  Bernat said, here's the next step (for Nico):

Have a suggestion for FLOSS Weekly (http://twit.tv/floss)?
Have the person to be interviewed (usually the project lead) email [hidden email]  '[hidden email]' (note, that's email, not facebook chat, twitter, or post-it notes.) PLEASE DON'T JUST SUGGEST A PROJECT [if you're not the project lead], unless you want it to be pushed down indefinitely!

I see some slots open in February, if Nico can pick a date before other project leads settle on those dates. Approx. 17:00 in the afternoon on Wednesdays would be the time in the week (in Nico's timezone).

P.S. At his new client, Randal works only a couple miles from me where I work. So, I could sit on his doorstep until he agrees if need be. :)

- Darius

Re: [amber-lang] Re: [Iliad] FLOSS Weekly Proposal

Nicolas Petton

Thanks Darius :)

--
Nicolas Petton