FLSerializer in Pharo 6.1

jb

FLSerializer in Pharo 6.1

jb
Hi everyone,

 the FLSerializer in Pharo 6.1 doesn’t work. I tried the example from the class comment and I always get

FileException: cannot open file: example.FL.

Is that a known problem?

Johannes

Probably that's because you don't have write permission in working directory.
jb

Re: FLSerializer in Pharo 6.1

jb
No, that cannot be the problem.
The following works without problems:

| working stream |
working := FileSystem disk workingDirectory.
stream := (working / 'foo.txt') writeStream.
stream nextPutAll: 'Hello World'.
stream close.

Re: FLSerializer in Pharo 6.1

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi johannes

do you have an example so that we can try here?

Tx

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Johannes Brauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>  the FLSerializer in Pharo 6.1 doesn’t work. I tried the example from the class comment and I always get
>
> FileException: cannot open file: example.FL.
>
> Is that a known problem?
>
> Johannes

jb

Re: FLSerializer in Pharo 6.1

jb
Hi Stephane,

I take a fresh Pharo 6.1 image, put it on my desktop (macOs 10.12.6), and then I take the example from the FLSerializer class comment:

| sourceArray loadedArray |
        sourceArray := Array
                with: 'a string'
                with: Transcript
                with: [ Transcript show: 'a string' ].
        ^ FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: ‚example.FL'

Evaluating this results in the Exception.

Johannes

> Am 11.08.2017 um 19:18 schrieb Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi johannes
>
> do you have an example so that we can try here?
>
> Tx
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Johannes Brauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> the FLSerializer in Pharo 6.1 doesn’t work. I tried the example from the class comment and I always get
>>
>> FileException: cannot open file: example.FL.
>>
>> Is that a known problem?
>>
>> Johannes

Re: FLSerializer in Pharo 6.1

Tim Mackinnon
I'm using flserialiser in Pharo Lambda on 64 bit, and it's working writing a context to an s3 bucket which is pretty hardcore, so I'd say it is working.

So there must be some difference you have found

Tim

Sent from my iPhone