FSPlatformResolver class>>forCurrentPlatform use a deprecated method

FSPlatformResolver class>>forCurrentPlatform use a deprecated method

cdelaunay
In the package Filesystem,

FSPlatformResolver class >> forCurrentPlatform
| platformName |
platformName :=  SmalltalkImage current platformName.
^ (self allSubclasses detect: [:ea | ea platformName = platformName]) new

should be replaced by

FSPlatformResolver class >> forCurrentPlatform
| platformName |
platformName :=  OSPlatform platformName.
^ (self allSubclasses detect: [:ea | ea platformName = platformName]) new

Re: FSPlatformResolver class>>forCurrentPlatform use a deprecated method

Lukas Renggli
Why? OSPlatform doesn't even exist in Pharo 1.1.

Lukas

2010/9/3 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]>:

> In the package Filesystem,
> FSPlatformResolver class >> forCurrentPlatform
> | platformName |
> platformName :=  SmalltalkImage current platformName.
> ^ (self allSubclasses detect: [:ea | ea platformName = platformName]) new
> should be replaced by
> FSPlatformResolver class >> forCurrentPlatform
> | platformName |
> platformName :=  OSPlatform platformName.
> ^ (self allSubclasses detect: [:ea | ea platformName = platformName]) new

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: FSPlatformResolver class>>forCurrentPlatform use a deprecated method

Henrik Sperre Johansen
A better choice might be Smalltalk os platformName, which works on Pharo 1.1, 1.2, Squeak 4.1 and 4.2.
(well, as soon as it's properly undeprecated in 1.2 at least, #platform should be removed instead...)

Cheers,
Henry

On Sep 3, 2010, at 2:30 23PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Why? OSPlatform doesn't even exist in Pharo 1.1.
>
> Lukas
>
> 2010/9/3 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]>:
>> In the package Filesystem,
>> FSPlatformResolver class >> forCurrentPlatform
>> | platformName |
>> platformName :=  SmalltalkImage current platformName.
>> ^ (self allSubclasses detect: [:ea | ea platformName = platformName]) new
>> should be replaced by
>> FSPlatformResolver class >> forCurrentPlatform
>> | platformName |
>> platformName :=  OSPlatform platformName.
>> ^ (self allSubclasses detect: [:ea | ea platformName = platformName]) new

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: FSPlatformResolver class>>forCurrentPlatform use a deprecated method

cdelaunay
Yes, I naively repeated what was telling me the 'deprecated' message :)
But indeed, use 'Smalltalk platformName' seems to work fine.

2010/9/3 Henrik Johansen <[hidden email]>
A better choice might be Smalltalk os platformName, which works on Pharo 1.1, 1.2, Squeak 4.1 and 4.2.
(well, as soon as it's properly undeprecated in 1.2 at least, #platform should be removed instead...)

Cheers,
Henry

On Sep 3, 2010, at 2:30 23PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Why? OSPlatform doesn't even exist in Pharo 1.1.
>
> Lukas
>
> 2010/9/3 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]>:
>> In the package Filesystem,
>> FSPlatformResolver class >> forCurrentPlatform
>> | platformName |
>> platformName :=  SmalltalkImage current platformName.
>> ^ (self allSubclasses detect: [:ea | ea platformName = platformName]) new
>> should be replaced by
>> FSPlatformResolver class >> forCurrentPlatform
>> | platformName |
>> platformName :=  OSPlatform platformName.
>> ^ (self allSubclasses detect: [:ea | ea platformName = platformName]) new

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: FSPlatformResolver class>>forCurrentPlatform use a deprecated method

indeed may be we should do that