[FUN] Pharo Zen Workspace

1 message Options

[FUN] Pharo Zen Workspace

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Inspired by a Twitter conversation between Esteban Maringolo & Esteban Lorenzano, I quickly made this little snippet. This is a cool list, it should be featured more prominently:

| zenValues |

zenValues := #(
  'Easy to understand, easy to learn from, easy to change.'
  'Objects all the way down.'
  'Examples to learn from.'
  'Fully dynamic and malleable.'
  'Beauty in the code, beauty in the comments.'
  'Simplicity is the ultimate elegance.'
  'Better a set of small polymorphic classes than a large ugly one.'
  'Classes structure our vocabulary.'
  'Messages are our vocabulary.'
  'Polymorphism is our esperanto.'
  'Abstraction and composition are our friends.'
  'Tests are important but can be changed.'
  'Explicit is better than implicit.'
  'Magic only at the right place.'
  'One step at a time.'
  'There is no unimportant fix.'
  'Learning from mistakes.'
  'Perfection can kill movement.'
  'Quality is an emerging property.'
  'Simple processes to support progress.'
  'Communication is key.'
  'A system with robust abstractions that a single person can understand.'
).

Smalltalk tools openWorkspace
        label: 'Pharo Zen';
        toggleStylingActive;
        contents: (String streamContents: [ :stream |
                stream << 'Our values and convictions are condensed in this simple list:'; cr; cr.
                zenValues
                        do: [ :each | stream << each ]
                        separatedBy: [ stream cr ] ]).

Sven