FW: [squeak-dev] 64-bit image, please

Edgar De Cleene
I redirect this of Squeak list, just in case some here do not know.
Wondering if Cuis could have a 64 bit image and if could be integrated in the browser as Chris say.

Edgar
@morplenauta

De: Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]>
Responder a: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
Fecha: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:34:50 -0400
Para: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
Asunto: [squeak-dev] 64-bit image, please

Perhaps we could get a 64-bit image to play with? I recall reading it was forthcoming. [1] I have compiled a Linux Stack Spur 64 HT.[2] I’d hate to see WebAssembly [3][4] put Smalltalk in the browser before I know if my compiled stack vm works.

Chris

Re: FW: [squeak-dev] 64-bit image, please

Juan Vuletich-4
I don't really get what Chris is talking about.

Regards,
Juan Vuletich

De: Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]>
Responder a: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
Fecha: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:34:50 -0400
Para: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>

Perhaps we could get a 64-bit image to play with? I recall reading it was forthcoming. [1] I have compiled a Linux Stack Spur 64 HT.[2] I’d hate to see WebAssembly [3][4] put Smalltalk in the browser before I know if my compiled stack vm works.

Chris

Re: FW: [squeak-dev] 64-bit image, please

Phil B
On Tue, 2015-06-23 at 10:11 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> I don't really get what Chris is talking about.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.  I'd rather see a 64-bit
Cog/Spur/whatever VM than a 64-bit image and neither seems to have
anything relation to WebAssembly other than the fact that Smalltalk and
WebAssembly both use bytecode.  Besides, everyone knows that the correct
approach would be to use OMeta to target Javascript or WebAssembly
bytecode anyway... :-)